Can You Have Botox Straight After Microdermabrasion?

Hi I'm booked in for microdermabrasion facial and was wondering how long after can you have botox or is it best to have botox before microdermabrasion.

Botox and microdermabrasion

+1

It would be absolutely fine to have Botox after microdermabrasion (although the treated area should be well cleaned), although I would definitely not do this in the reverse order. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox can be done a day before the microdermabrasion or can be done after

+1

What you don't want to do is have Botox done right before microdermabrasion in which the treatment might push the Botox around in the first hour to four after the injections.  If you have Botox the day before or week before to relax the muscles and cause less skin creases, the microdermabrasion may cause an additive smoothness of the surface of the skin. Microdermabrasion can be done the day after Botox without concern of moving the Botox around.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox After Microdermabrasion

+1

There should be no problem getting Botox injections immediately after microdermabrasion.  The reverse, however, is NOT safe.  After injections, any procedure that creates pressure on areas treated with Botox can cause the medication to disperse, leading to unwanted muscle paralysis. 

Alexander Gross, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Microderm should be done before Botox

+1

I do not recommend patients rub or massage their faces for about 24 hours after Botox. Thus, I would recommend you do the microdermabrasion first. You can follow immediately after with a Botox treatment.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD