Botox still effective after 3 months 3 weeks. How much longer until I have 'my face' back?

Had Botox into my forehead, glabella and crow's feet, 35 units total (10 around crow's feet, rest into forehead and glabella), can only move my frown lines slightly (for about 2 weeks) and still have droopy eyelid skin which I'm very unhappy about. My eyes also look more sunken in since the Botox which is very strange. Had Botox for the first time and can't wait for it to wear off. 

Botox and Length of treatment

+1
Botox is an amazing product but it has to be injected properly to have good results.  I have many patients complaining to me that they had Botox injected and it made them look "worse".  That is from improper placement of Botox and not a thorough understanding of the product and facial anatomy.  Botox generally lasts between 4 and 6 months depending on the amount and placement of the product.  Next time please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Botox for the best results.

How long will Botox last

+1
  • Botox usually wears off by 3-4 months.
  • However that is an average - I have a patient in whom it lasts a full year.
  • Once you notice your brows beginning to rise a little, it is wearing off. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Botox

+1
Botox lasts 3-4 months on average. I would recommend following up with injector, as he/she knows the details of your treatment and will be able to advise you accordingly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1
Botox injections typically last for about 4 months but can vary from patient to patient and can last anywhere from 3 to 6 month. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Duration of Botox

+1
Botox usually lasts about 4 months.  It is unfortunate that you are not happy with the results but it is not the fault of Botox, but of the injection technique.  You should consider consulting a different injector, preferably a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in assessing facial movements and can give you a pleasing result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

+1
Cosmetic Botox treatment can last up to 6 months but 3-4 months is the average. You may consider discussing your results with your physician injector and perhaps the injections and amount injected can be adjusted to give you the look you desire.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can improve this

+1
if you go back to the dermatologist that did this he or she can inject some more Botox into the glabellar area which will cause your eyebrows to raise and make you feel better

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Botox and duration

+1
Usually botox lasts between 4-6 months but usually patients that have routine Botox will come back at month 4 to have more done.

How long does Botox last

+1
Botox isn't permanent, which in cases like yours, is a very good thing. What I find is that when people love their results, they think it goes away too fast. When people, like you, have something that isn't great, they feel like it lasts forever. It will go away and return to the way it was. Botox is only temporary and max I've seen it last was six months.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

How long will Botox last

+1
Rest assured, the effects of your Botox will completely wear off. Though most people metabolize Botox at different rates, usually it has completely worn off by 4 months. In rare occasions I have seen it last 6 months at most. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon