How Often is Botox Used to Shape Faces on Younger Adults/teenagers?

Is botox better for adding roundness or thinning out certain areas of the face?

Botox is the remedy for a problem...if the face is too full due to enlargement of the

+1

chewing muscle (the masseters)...then it can be reduced in size by small injections...but mostly this treatment is reserved for people who are in their adult years...individual needs may dictate earlier treatment but I like a dentist to okay anyone <21 years old...and I would need to be convinced it's in the patient's best interest to undergo therapy...not worth interfering with normal development of the tissues...botox won't add roundness to the face...however fillers do

Is Botox used to shape the face?

+1

With regards to softening and reducing the bulk of a large Masseter muscle, the intended, desired outcome is a softer, less angular appearance.  So, in this regard, Botox and Dysport are a nice option for those that may benefit from this treatment.  However, we discourage teenagers from considering this or any other aesthetic injection treatments.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox for facial reshaping

+1

Botox has been used for thinning wide faces resulting from hypertrophic masseter muscle (chewing muscles) and treating the neck to help create a straighter jaw line in some people.  These are off-label indications and should be done by an expert Botox board-certified dermatologist or plastic or ENT facial plastic surgeon as there are risks of temporary asymmetry related to muscle relaxation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox to shape the face

+1

Botox has been used with success to slim faces in individuals who have over developed masseter muscles.  Other than that very specific situation, Botox would not be expected to change the facial shape.   

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Botox does not shape the face.

+1

I don't know any reputable physician who would claim that Botox can shape the face, especially in teenagers and young adults.  Botox is used cosmetically to temporarily paralyse certain muscles of the face, which when contracting cause creasing of the skin.  It does not add volume or thin any areas it is injected into.  Claims stating otherwise have no factual basis.   I hope this helps.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Botox and face shaping

+1

Botox should not be used to shape the face. It is used on occasion to decrease the size of a hyeprtrophied masseter muscle.

+1

IMHO, Botox should never be used to shape the face of a teenager.  The proper aesthetics of beauty would dicate allowing individuals to become yopung adults (mid teens) before using such an approach.  

Botox Usage Younger Faces?

+1

In my opinion, there is very little indication for the cosmetic use of Botox for younger adults and teenagers. It will not serve to “add roundness or thinning out” areas of the face.

Botox works well to treat facial lines caused by muscle animation ( for example, frown lines,  and crows feet and transverse forehead lines).