Is Botox Safe for Patient with Vitiligo?

I have vitiligo, and I want to get Botox. Are there any side effects to expect?

I did have a couple injections of Restylane on my upper lip and didn't have any issues. I don't get sick very often.

Botox and Vitiligo

+1

As the other practitioners have pointed out, there is no problem having Botox injected because you have Vitiligo.

In general, we screen for a history of neuromuscular disorders and autoimmune diseases.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/wrinkles.aspx

Don't foresee any problems with Botox for vitiligo patient

+1

Botx injection is very safe for patients with VITILIGO.

I don't think you will have any problems I will be exremely comfortable to inject patients with Vitilgo with Botox

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

No Problem

+1

There should be not problem with vitiligo and Botox. Not that I can think of anyway Botox would help vitiligo either. Botox seems to be in the news for treating a myriad of conditons from hair loss to oily skin, but not the vexing condition called vitiligo.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

OK to have Botox in a vitiligo patient

+1

I have never heard of a complication from Botox in a vitiligo patient any more than in any other patient.

My suggestion would be to proceed and enjoy.

No Botox side effects in vitiligo

+1

Dear Molly 1982,

You should feel very comfortable proceeding with Botox injection. There are no side effects or contraindications associated with Botox injections and people with vitiligo.

Good Luck 

Dr. B.

Seattle General Surgeon

No, not at all.

+1

Botox is completely safe in patients with vitiligo. There are no reasons at all to suspect any change in your vitiligo and you should feel completely comfortable getting Botox done.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox

+1

There is no contraindication for Botox in patients with vitiligo.  Botox is a very safe medication when used by trained professionals.  Good luck with your injections.

Botox and Vitiligo

+1

Its safe. You are at no more risk of getting side effects than a person without vitiligo. Just avoid too much sun for a few days after getting botox.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon