Is Botox Safe for Patient Prone to Keloids?

I suffer badly with keloid, if I cut myself no matter how deep-will I have a problem with Botox, is it safe for someone like me to have done if I suffer badly from keloid can I end up with keloid and scar tissue from where the Botox is placed?

Botox and injections safe for keloid prone skin

+1

Botox is administered by injection in the face. Although the risk of developing keloids is extremely low in keloid prone patients, there is a theoretical risk of development. I would advise you to go to a physician who employs meticulous injection technique with minimal trauma to the soft tissue. 

Botox...Safe in Keloid Prone Patients?

+1

Hi Abbey,

No worries.  The needles are so tiny that they do not stimulate keloid production.  Additionally the areas of the face treated with Botox are not areas that are prone to keloiding.

Be well.

Dr. P

Botox and Keloids

+1

Keloids usually form whe the skin and subcutaneous tissues are traumatized by either trauma or surgery. It is very rare to have a keloid form from an injection. In addition, keloids tend to form in certain areas, such as the chest and in the ears. Botox is not injected in these, so I think that Botox will be safe for you. As an added precaution, I would have the practitioner inject one area only the first time. If there are no problems, then continue with the other areas.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needle puctures of this size will not lead to keloids

+1

My experience of 26 years allows me to say that I have never seen any type of keloid develop from a small needle pucture like the one used for Botox administration.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.