Is botox safe a couple months before IVF?

After a failed IVF treatment I'm looking to do a refresher treatment of botox. I initially stopped doing it about 4-5 months before the first IVF. I am planning on trying another round of IVF in late august early September. Is is safe to do a small amount of botox now?

Botox prior to pregnancy and breast feeding

+1
Botox is not recommended and is contraindicated for anyone is trying to conceive, is pregnant or is breast feeding.
If you are planning to concieve I would not recommend it as we are not certain of its effects.
Dr Sajjadian

Botox

+1
Botox is not recommended for anyone who is pregnant or breastfeeding.  If you are actively planning an IVF I would recommend for you to wait.  It is always best to see your board certified plastic surgeon for your BOTOX injections.

Arthur Cambeiro, MD

Botox Before IVF

+1
Botox injections are not recommended for people who are pregnant or breast feeding. If someone is actively trying to conceive then I don’t recommend they have Botox injected as it is uncertain if they have conceived at the time they have Botox injected.

If you will be waiting several months after injections of Botox to try to conceive I don’t see an issue with have Botox injected beforehand.

It is best to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this procedure is right for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and IVF

+1
If you are currently not trying to concieve then you are okay. but if you are planning in the near future I would avoid it, just to be on the safe side.  Althogh, I still do not feel it affects pregnancy in the slight bit, I still stay conservative with my patients and do not allow them to do anything cosmetic when they are pregnant, nursing, or planning to becoming pregnant.  Best, Dr. Emer.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and IVF

+1
I do not recommend Botox to people who are currently trying to conceive. If it's a few months prior to your IVF, that would be fine. But it is not recommended for people pregnant or nursing, and therefore not recommended if you are actively trying to conceive either.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1
If you're planning to wait several months before IVF this should not create an issue for you. Botox itself is cleared from your body relatively quickly after treatment even though the effects persist for 3-4 months. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox with IVF

+1
As long as you are not pregnant or nursing, i am unaware of any warnings about using Botox prior to.

Michael Hueneke, MD