Is Botox Safe While on Cartia XT Medication?

Can I do Botox if I take Cartia XT (120mg- 1x a day)? I have called my cardiologist but they have not gotten back to me. That was more than a week ago. Thanks.

Use of Botox and Diltiazem (Carda XT)

+2

To the best of my knowledge, there are no known contraindications or recognized drug interactions between Botox and Cartia XT.

In fact, in reviewing this, I found that there are many reports advocating the succesful combined use of Botox and Diltiazem in the management of chronic anal fissure. Of course this is an off label use of the product.

BOTOX and Cartia medication

+1

There is no interaction between these medications, and in fact interaction between oral medications and BOTOX is incredibly rare. Go ahead and try the BOTOX.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon