How Long After Botox to Get Rosacea and Melasma Treatment?

I just did Botox and fillers (doc used Juvaderm or Restylane.. can't remember). How long should I wait until i can get laser treatment for Rosacea and Melasma (full face and neck) Does it matter?

Laser treatment after Restylane

+1

Hi Heather,

On the surface of things (pardon the pun), laser treatments should not affect the injection procedures. This is because the injections are deeper than the deepest penetration of the laser treatments.

With that said, we typically try to schedule the laser treatments before injection procedures when we perform them within a week of each other. Otherwise, we wait one week after injection procedures to have lasers. This protocol is not based in scientific research but rather in an implied measure of safety. We don't think there is a "right" answer to this question because it has not been studied or published.

Botox and Laser Treatments

+1

Typically, we ask that you leave the area alone for at least six hours. You could do your laser as soon as 24 hours later.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Could do it right away but safer to wait

+1

Even though treatments for Rosacea and Melasma are superficial, in our practice we consider it safer to wait a week before hitting lasers and light on top of fillers or Botox.

We want to make sure there is no problems with the Botox or filler injections and if there is we want to correct it before we do any other treatmenrs

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Rught Away

+1

I can see no interaction between the light of the laser ( or IPL) and the nerve-muscle interaction of Botox. You should be able to do this soon after your Botox treatment. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Lasr treatment after Botox

+1

I don't think you have to wait to get superifical laser treatment after Botox.  The lasers hit very superifically and should not impact the effects of Botox or any other filler. 

Laser Treatment for Melasma and Rosacea After Fillers

+1

Hi Heather,

Ideally it would have been better to have the heat of laser treatment before you had the fillers. There have not been definitive studies, but it is thought that the heat of laser treatment may cause fillers to break down a little sooner.

The treatment of melasma and rosacea is superficial so there should be no problem having your treatment at your convenience as soon as you want.

We have treated patients with fractionated CO2 lasers (deep treatments) after they have had fillers without problems.

You can have laser treatment 48 hours after Botox without any adverse effects.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD