Botox at Same Time As Rhinoplasty?

I'd like to get botox for my frown lines done around the same time as my rhinoplasty; should I get the botox before rhinoplasty or after I heal from it (2-3 wks)? My concern is that getting both at the same time will slow down the healing process and I'd love to avoid lots of bruising if possible.

Botox before, after or during rhinoplasty

+1

With Botox, patients are instructed to avoid lying down for the first four hours after their treatment. Having rhinoplasty surgery and recovering from it requires the patient to be lying down for much longer than four hours. So it is not a good idea to have Botox and rhinoplasty done at the same time. In addition, the area around the glabella will be swollen from the actual surgery itself. Botox is a clinical procedure done in the office and the rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure done in the surgery center.  

Botox and Rhinoplasty

+1

I have injected botox during rhinoplasty surgery many times. Although botox injections are not painful, patients welcome the opportunity to feel nothing.

Botox before or after rhinoplasty?

+1

Either way is fine. I wouldn't inject a patient with Botox during surgery, but a week or two before or a couple/few weeks after should be fine.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox at same time as rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, I do this very frequently. This combination does not slow down the healing process, no relationship. Who have you seen in MIAMI? Be careful out there.

From MIAMI DR. B

Do them together while you are asleep.

+1

I have done this for years and have not had any difference. It is less painful. Otherwise so it either before or after surgery.

Botox During Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

There is some concern that the inflammation after rhinoplasty may contribute to the breakdown of botox and a shorter life of the botox. So you may want to wait unitl 2 to 3 weeks after the rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Botox and Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You can get Botox either at your pre-op appointment for your rhinoplasty, or about one week after your rhinoplasty.  We don't inject Botox during rhinoplasty because you are in the supine position and with swelling from surgery there is possibility of the Botox moving to muscles that we do not wish to weaken (i.e. eye lids).  It will not influence your healing time, and there should not be a difference in bruising.

Good luck with your procedures and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD