Unexpected Botox and Restylane Results

I had Botox, but it only worked on the right side of my face (near the eye)? Also, the Restylane migrated into the upper part of my top lip instead of staying in lip line. What should I do?

Kay

Botox and filler

+1

If you are not satisfied with the Botox treatment or the filler treatment, I would go back to the doctor that treated you.  He/she can always touch up the Botox. If the filler is not where you want it, it can be massaged out or even dissolved with Hyaluronidase.

Restylane movement after injection

+1

Hi Kaygee,

If it's been two weeks since your injections, we would highly recommend a follow up with your practitioner immediately.

The Botox does not sound that problematic. If the left side of your face did not respond your practitioner will likely just add a few more units for correction.

As for the Restylane migration...yes we have seen this happen infrequently before and it just so happens that around the lip is the spot. If and when this does happen, we offer two options. The first is to make the area symmetrical from side to side and the second is to reverse the original injection. Talk to your practitioner about his/her suggestion. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Final Botox and Restylane results not until 2 weeks

+1

We usually delay the verdict until 2 weeks after these procedures, after swelling has resolved from the filler and the Botox has achieved its full effect. A touch-up can be done for the left eye. Your injector may be able to help you massage the restylane toward the lip line (or dissolve it with hyaluronidase if needed). Migration of Retylane out of the lip line would be a strange occurrence.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Some revision needed for your Botox and Restylane

+1

You might require adding more Botox on the opposite site as well as some revision of your Restylane. I would recommend you follow up with your physician, he will be able to examine you and determine the best course of action.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Go back for a Botox touch-up

+1

Kaygee,

Return to your treating physician. Sometimes Botox treatments have to be "touched up".  Also, if it is early enough he/she may be able to extract the errant Restylane or redistribute it. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling...Asymetrically from Botox

+1

Hi Kay,

You should return to your injecting physician for re-evaluation.  Tell him/her that "when Irish eyes are smiling" they need to be symmetric. Restylane should not migrate. Good luck (Irish) and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Wait, for now

+1

How do you like your lip? If you like it, have the doctor match it with the Restylane. If you don't like it and you can tolerate the asymmetry, leave it, and it will take care of itself. After about 2 weeks from the initial injection with Botox, have the doctor do a touch up. Not to worry, very simple fix.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Wait at least two weeks before making any decisions

+1

Kaygee,

You really need to post pictures for us to give specific advice. However, if there is an area where you think you need more Botox, then have the doctor inject a bit more Botox. However, wait at least two weeks between injections for the Botox to take full effect. Otherwise, you risk have too much of an effect. As for the Restylane, if you are not happy with it, you can have your doctor inject a dissolving agent (this only works for the HA products). However, again it is best to wait at least two weeks to allow for any swelling to resolve. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD