Raised Eyebrows After Botox

I had Botox done about 5 days ago. I look like Mr. Spock! My eyebrows are raised and it doesn't look pretty. I had Botox 2 years ago and experienced ptosis, so the doctor recommended not to do any other part of my forehead this time. I only got Botox injected in my furrow part of my forehead, crow's feet, and corners right under my brows. Will this look better soon or do I need injections elsewhere??

Mr. Spock Eyebrows

+2

You are describing an imbalance between the upward pull of the forehead frontalis muscle and the down-ward pull of the orbicularis oculi muscle below the eyebrow.  A couple of units to each side of the forehead ought to re-store the position of your eyebrow.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

All you need is a little touchup

+1

Your doctor was correct in being cautious about injecting directly above your eyebrows since you had a history of ptosis of your brows with previous Botox. However, now you have the opposite problem. All you need is to have a little bit of Botox injected directly above each brow and your balance should be nicely restored. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Easy Fix

+1

This is probably the easiest Botox complication to fix. I would return to your physician and ask them to put in a few units (depending how bad the Mr. Spock is) above the peak of the Spock. Both of you are looking for the perfect result so I am sure you will have a happy outcome.

Good luck.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox touch-ups

+1

This will not get better by itself until the Botox wears off, but it is usually a really easy problem to fix. Go back to your treating physician and have them do a little touch up treament. Make sure you discuss the previous ptosis problem as well, so they don't overdo it on the touch ups.

Same injections really can have a very different effect in different patients. We usually try to see all of our new patients for a quick check, 10-14 days after their initial treatment, to make sure everything is working well. If anybody needs a little adjustment, we do it at that time, and then we have useful information for future treatments.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD