Botox to Raise Lateral Brow After Endoscopic Brow Lift?

I have had an endoscopic Brow lift. The lateral has fallen, frown lines are becoming more obvious. I had three different muscle groups incised with the Brow lift.

My question is, how likely is it that Botox might now raise the lateral brow? Thank you.

Botox Brow Lift is Effective for Lifting the Lateral Brow

+2

If both your Frown Lines and Crow's Feet are contracting after your Endoscopic Brow Lift then they are pulling the Brow down.

To lift the Brow you will need Botox in both the Frown Line and Crow's Feet areas.

Both the Procerus and Corrugators (Frown Muscles) and the Orbicularis Occuli Muscles (Crow's Feet Muscles) are strong depressors of the Brow

BOTOX is an excellent non-surgical option for brow lifting.

+2

When BOTOX is injected in the muscles that normally bring the brow down, the result is predictable, natural, brow-lifting. There is no problem having a BOTOX treatment after your endoscopic brow-lift surgery.

I've attached a photo demonstrating BOTOX-brow-lifting in a young patient.

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+2

Botox is effective in lifting the lateral brow. It sounds like your brow lift was not very effective if all of the muscles which were supposed to be cut are now moving again. The good thing is that Botox is very effective at paralyzing these muscles. Additionally, it is hard to tell without examining you or seeing a picture, but it may be that you need an upper blepharoplasty and not a brow lift. Good luck with the Botox.

David Shafer, MD

BOTOX can help

+2

Dear Brook

Recurrent lateral brow hooding is one of the most common issues I see for consultation after failed forehead lift. The problem is that unlike the central forehead were the frontalis muscle helps lift the eyebrow after the forehead lift, there is no lateral lifting muscle. BOTOX in the crows feet area does weaken the lateral eyebrow depressors and this does decrease the brow hooding.

Ultimately, the best fix is a revisional forehead with removal of hair bearing scalp above the ears. This should have bee done at the time of your forehead lift. Unfortunately some surgeons do not understand that a small excision of scalp is needed to permanently raise the lateral eyebrow hood. Instead they attempt to suture the elevated brow to the deeper structures and this does not hold up long term. The good news is that when you are ready, a revisional forehead lift will give you a long term benefit and the fact that you had a prior forehead will not affect the success of the revisional procedure.

Botox to raise lateral eyebrow after endo brow lift.

+2

I would like to know how long post op. are you and did you have a meaningful correction after 6 mos? With a failed " 3 muscle group release" , I doubt that Botox would work and if it did the results would be short lived.

In my experienc some form of open technique is more effective and long lasting.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Botox After Brow Lift

+1
Yes, Botox can further lift the lateral brow following an endoscopic brow lift in most cases. It is injected more superficially than other areas and should be done by an expert injector. Botox is a muscle paralyzing substance that is injected into or near facial muscles by a doctor or nurse injector to weaken or prevent it from working for a period of months.
It may seem counter-intuitive that paralyzing facial muscles can lift your brow, but this is exactly how Botox works. Our faces have muscles that pull in opposing directions, so in the case of the brow the idea is to paralyze the muscles that pull downward while leaving the ones that lift the brow untouched.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Botox to lift the eyebrow

+1

if your brows have fallen after an endoscopic forehead lift, it is likely due to the depressor muscles around the eye healing and pulling the forehead back down. Since it is those muscles that caused the recurrent falling of the brows, then injecting Botox to weaken them should allow some elevation of the lateral brow if properly injected.

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox can raise lateral eyebrow area

+1

Botox can raise the lateral brow by injecting underneath the lateral eyebrow area and paralyzing the orbicularis oculi muscle laterally. This has an upward effect but is only temporary. You will have to have this redone every four to five months to keep the effect.

Botox and brow lifting

+1

Your surgeon would be the best to answer your question knowing exactly what was done during the procedure. Botox might give you the lift of the outer eyebrow, although it is not the same as a brow lift,

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox for lateral brow lift is worth a try

+1

Things may change a bit after surgery- so lets first discuss how Botox works to lift the brow in the un operated condition. tTe position of the lateral brow is dynamic---sort of held in balance between the forehead(frontalis) muscle wanting to lift and the lateral portion of the orbicularis muscle want ing to pull it down. Most patients notice when they have a full smile the tail of the brow gets pulled down a bit. Depending on the strength and how far out laterally the frontalis muscle goes--most patients get a lift of the lateral brow with placement of Botox in the crows- feet area. The degree of lift is dependent on number of factors, some of which may have been altered in your surgery. Botox is worth a try. your evaluating injector can give you a bit of an idea. when you smile fully and observe the brow descend as you make those crows feet lines--there is a chance you will get some elevation with Botox,

If the Botox doesn't give you the degree of improvement you desire---ask your surgeon about a limited temporal lift. There are several varieties of techniques that use a 4-5 cm incision placed within the hair that yield fairly reliable lift with little risk. in some patients this could be accomplished under local or with light sedation.

John E. Gross, MD