Botox to Raise Eyebrows - Permanent Results?

I had botox injected to raise my eyebrows in 2008.The right one is still raised. The other one is down. They are not only uneven but the right one makes my forehead to hava a big rinkle. Can botox paralised the muscle for good in some cases?

Botox causing permanent paralysis

+2

Botox is metabolized away and its effects go away usually in 3-4 months.

It is very unlikely your problemis due to any Botox injection.

Botox will not cause a permanent problem

+1

Botox has been proven not to last permanently. Your issue might have been underlying and only noticed after some asymmetry was revealed after the Botox was done.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox Browlift in Atlanta

+1

Botox lasts at most 6 months after an injection.  The uneven eyebrow maybe something that wasn't noticed before the injection or something that happened on its own afterwards.  The majority of the population have facial asymmetries and most people are not aware that they have them until someone points them out.  The good news is that botox can sometimes be used to correct asymmetric eyebrows.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows and Botox

+1

What you are describing is probably not due to the Botox treatment that you received. The effects of Botox usually last 3-4 months, and sometimes a little longer. The asymmetry that you describe was likely present before the Botox treatment. New wrinkles that have developed are likely due to progressive aging of the forehead.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Lift with Botox

+1

Botox Cosmetic has been used to lift the eyebrows without plastic surgery. The results are typically subtle and only last a few months, unlike an endoscopic browlift. Other causes, such as a droopy or ptotic upper eyelid, can contribute to your symptoms. Eyelid ptosis more commonly develops with age, but can be due to several factors. Speak with an eye specialist in your area. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to Raise Eyebrows

+1

When Botox is injected in strategic areas in the forehead, one can get a "chemical" brow lift.  On average, this lasts about 4 months and will have to be repeated to maintain the pleasing cosmetic effect.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Botox is NOT permanent, so it must be from something else

+1

Botox is NOT permanent, so your raised eyebrows must be cause by something else.  I would suggest to go see an expert injector, as they can likely use Botox to help even out your eyebrows.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Eyebrow asymmetry 3 years after Botox treatment likely pre-existing

+1

Eyebrow asymmetry 3 years after Botox treatment likely pre-existing. As my colleagues have stated, Botulinum toxin lasts 3-4 months. It is most likely that the asymmetry that you are seeing now is due to pre-existing facial asymmetry. All of our faces are asymmetric to some degree - this is the rule rather than the exception. I would recommend returning to see your injector and review your pre-treatment photos. Alternatively, review some photos of yourself at social engagements prior to the treatment to determine if the brow asymmetry was already there.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Asymmetry with Botox?

+1

Hi Violeta.  We often hear from patients that they find something different about their facial anatomy after their Botox has worn off.  In most cases when we go back to the before pictures we see that the imperfection they are concerned about was there before the treatment.  Is it possible that the slight difference in the brow was present before?

Botox only lasts about 3-4 months so the effects would have worn off long ago.  If you still have some asymmetry of the brows, you may want to consider speaking with a plastic surgeon about a brow lift.  That may be able to correct the problem.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

+1

Dear violeta55,

Botox can reshape the eyebrows, but the effects are temporary and usually wear off in 3-4 months.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD