Can I get Botox while I am pregnant?

Can I get Botox while I am pregnant?

+1
I would definitely NOT recommend getting Botox or fillers during pregnancy or while you are breastfeeding. Although there are no studies proving it is safe or unsafe during pregnancy, it is simply not worth the risk. Enjoy your pregnancy, and you can get Botox in the future!

Botox While Pregnant?

+1
I do not recommend Botox during pregnancy or if the person is nursing.  Although there are no studies proving it is safe or unsafe during pregnancy, it is simply not worth the risk. 

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Can I get Botox while I am pregnant?

+1
No Botox injections during pregnancy.The recommendation is that you do not have injections of Botox while pregnant.However, there have been no known adverse effects from Botox to the fetus when in those instances Botox was injected prior to the mother knowing that she was pregnant.It only makes sense that for the baby’s safety all procedures that are medically unnecessary be stopped.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Botox While Pregnant?

+1
This is a very good question, with a very simple answer. I recommend that my patients not receive Botox treatments while pregnant or nursing. I would also advise against Botox (and fillers) for those women who are trying to get pregnant.

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Botox During Pregnancy

+1
Hi! Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Although there are no studies that show Botox or fillers can effect the fetus, it is not recommended to inject neurotoxins during pregnancy. Please consult with your doctor if you have any additional question or concerns.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Botox and Pregnancy

+1
As a general rule, one should not get Botox during pregnancy. From a safety standpoint, the absolutely safest thing to do for your pregnancy is to avoid the introduction of chemicals or medications. This is the same logic as avoiding smoking, alcohol, and caffeine during your pregnancy.

Jon S. Wilensky, MD

Botox and pregnancy

+1
Thank you for your question. While there have not been extensive studies on the topic, I would definitely NOT recommend getting botox or fillers during pregnancy or while you are breastfeeding. I always counsel my patients that even if they are trying to get pregnant that I would advise against botox.  Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Botox When Pregnant

+1
There are no studies showing the effects of botox on a fetus.  It is recommended not to have neurotoxins when pregnant or nursing.  There are ladies who did not know they were pregnant at the time of receiving neurotoxins with no proven effects to the baby.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Pregnancy

+1
Botox is not a treatment that you should do while you are pregnant or are breast feeding.  After you have the baby you can safely resume your Botox treatments.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox and Pregnancy

+1
This is a good question. You should not receive Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin) while you are pregnant or breast feeding.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon