How to Prevent Wrinkles on Forehead and Between Eyebrow?

I'm a 25 year old female and I want to get Botox as a preventive treatment for wrinkles on my forehead and in between my eyebrows. On average how many units would that be for someone my age with few wrinkles? 

Start conservatively, add more Botox units as needed

+2

The number of units is variable based on your individual muscles and the effect desired, but it usually takes 20-30 units of Botox for the glabella (area between your eyebrows) and at least 15-20 units for the forehead. I will usually start in a conservative fashion, and see my patients back in a week or two to add more units if needed.

Botox dose depends on severity of wrinkles

+2

This depends on how severe the wrinkles are.

The standard dose in the cosmetic package insert for the glabella frown lines (the only FDA approved location - all other are off label) is 20 units injected over 5 injection points (4 units per site)

The forehead dose ranges from 6-20 units for severe wrinkles, and in my experience, typically require about 8 for early or mild lines.

Hope this helps!

Botox for wrinkles on forehead and frown lines

+1

The amount of Botox required depends on the strength of the muscles causing these lines.  Your physician will have you frown and raise your forehead to determine the amount of Botox needed.  As an estimate, your forehead may require 5 to 10 units and your frown 15 to 25.  Please see an experienced physician injector.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox softens worry lines

+1

Lines that form following repetitive muscle contraction that causes crimping of the skin can be softened by holding a muscle still with Botox or Dysport.  The amount used varies depending on factors such as a patient's gender and the strength of muscle contraction. A good starting dose is around 20 units to see an effect-the duration varies somewhat depending on the dose.  Of course, the amount of softening you get is related to how long the lines have been present and may require a second dose to keep the muscle still for longer, allowing collagen to grow into the lines.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead and between eyebrow

+1

Botox is a neurotoxin that relaxes the muscles and prevents frowning. Botox, or even Dysport, is great for preventing future frown lines. I have been getting Botox myself for the past 6 years and I love it. The amount of Botox differs from person to person. It depends on the strength of the muscles and the frown lines you can create. Typically, in the frown lines between the eyebrows, I inject 15 to 20 units in females and on the forehead about 7.5 to 10. Dr. Behnam Santa Monica.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox - how many units

+1

It's really hard to say exactly how many units you'll need - it really depends on your anatomy.  Each area could take anywhere from 10-20.  You can always start conservatively and wait for the BOTOX to start working, then go back for touch ups if you need more.  Regardless, BOTOX is great for wrinkle prevention - I've been using it on myself since my late 20s

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Botox as a preventative measure

+1

Hi missnataleigh,

We do in fact have patients that use Botox as a preventative measure. In most cases, these are patients that have just begun to see the beginnings of the fine lines associated with static wrinkles (those wrinkles caused by movement of the forehead muscles and muscles around the eyes).

The number of units depends on the severity of the wrinkles, but if none are visible, it's hard to dose accordingly. If wrinkles are visible, the area between the eyes would normally be between 15-25 units and the forehead between 15-30 units. You should be able to get per unit pricing by calling around in your area.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botox.aspx

Not To Many Units

+1

Whether you want to have Botox placed as a preventive measure would depend mostly on your priorities in life and financial condition.

As more data is accumulating regarding Botox it definitely appears that people who have Botox placed periodically develop less and more superficial dynamic wrinkles. But whether you want to make the investment is the question only you would be able to answer.

Since you do not have lines, I would recommend the minimal which would be 15 units in the glabellar area and 8 in the forehead, The latter might be increased depending on the pattern of your lines on movement. Do they bunch in the center or do they extend horizontally along the whole forehead? I usually ask patients to return in two weeks at which time they can have a few more units as determined by myself and the patient. If they are totally satisfied they can cancel the appointment. We charge at cost for any "touchups" by the way so there is less of a cost issue for them.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Does not depend on your age

+1

It depends on the strength of your muscles, not your age. 15 to 30 units could be used between the eyebrows, or more or less. The forehead could take an additional 12 to 20 but this can make the eyebrows come down too much. Expert physicians know where the correct placement and amount would be – seek consultation.

Botox works on dynamic wrinkles

+1

Contrary to what some people think, Botox can prevent wrinkles - static wrinkles. If you have dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles only when you contract your muscles) these eventually turn into static wrinkles (wrinkles that are present even when you are not contracting your muscles). This is due to years of stress on the dermis which leads to breakdown of the structure of the skin and dermal atrophy - static wrinkles.

If you have dynamic wrinkles and block the muscle movement with Botox Cosmetic, then you are significantly reducing the stress on the dermis and preventing the formation of static wrinkles. So, in summary, if you have dynamic wrinkles, then I would highly recommend Botox Cosmetic to PREVENT the formation of static wrinkles.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com