Had Botox Now Have Little Pimples All over my Forehead and Between my Brows?

Finally broke down and had Botox. Two weeks later little pimples ALL over my forehead. Even my husband said what's up. Never had an acne issue as a teenager or an adult. I know you have said in past there is no correlation, but I think you are wrong. More people are getting this side effect. Using tea tree oil on site and seems to be diminishing but Botox is now going away, it's only been six weeks. Any ideas on what other products I can use or cause of this? Loved results! Thanks!

"Rash" from Botox

+2

This sounds to me like you're actually having a reaction to the topical numbing cream that I'm guessing was applied before your Botox injections were done to help with pain. Although it's very, very, very rare, I have seen patients who are allergic to some ingredient in the topical compound and get a surface rash or contact rash from it. Apply cool water, followed by hydrocortisone, which is available over the counter, and it should clear up quickly.

Pimples after botox?

+1

It would be helpful to know if the pimples correspond to the exact area of injections where the needle pierced the skin. If not, if the numbers of pimples far exceed the number of insertion sites of Botox needles, then maybe it is related to a disinfectant used or a numbing cream or some other cream that you started to use after the botox. Ask your physician.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Pimples After Botox

+1

The pimples can be related to several factors, however the treatment can be straightforward. Topical antibiotic solution, glycolic acid and salicylic acid cleansers can also be helpful to resolve the acne.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox pimples

+1

This is certainly not a common side effect.  I would definitely see the doctor who did your treatment.  It may be a herpes or shingles outbreak.

Peterson Pierre, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

+1

From your description, I wonder if this is a herpes outbreak or a related zoster type rash.  You may want to go back and see the MD that did your Botox Injections for evaluation and possible treatment.  This is not a typical reaction of Botox injections in the forehead.