Botox for a Thinner Nose

Skin on my nose is thick. Can botox somehow makes my nose look thinner? Can it be used on my tip to make it look less round?

Botox will not make your nose thinner

+1

Botox will not make your nose appear thinner.  Botox works by relaxing facial muscles of expression that cause wrinkles.  Sorry, but Botox is not the product to improve this particular problem.

Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and its use on the nose

+1

You ask an interesting question about botulinum toxin (Dysport or Botox) effect on the nose. Theoretically it could work but I am not aware of any study showing this. It can be used for non-surgical rhinoplasty to allow the nasal tip to elevate (keep nose from drooping with smilling) and used on the muscles that flare the nostirls (but this may drop the upper lip a bit and is used for gummy smiles). However, Botox can work on sweat and oil glands, Constant use of Botox on the tip of the nose used allow the sebaceous glands to atrophy not unlike Retin-A. However, it has not been used for this purpose.

Botox for nose reshaping

+1

Since nose shape in mostly determined by the underlying bone and cartilage structure, and then by skin thickness, Botox is unlikely to make a change. However, it is useful for treating creases in the nose that happen with movement.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Botox Cannot thin a nose, it is for the upper 1/3 of the face

+1

No Botox cannot thin your nose. Although filler may stratigically be placed in certain areas to make the illusion of a thinner nose. This would not be my recommendation unless I could see you. It seems as though you want to meet with a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your objectives and options. 

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and thinning nose

+1

Botox is used to deactivate muscles of animation specifically in the upper one-third of the face.  It will not help thin the nose.

Botox for a Thinner Nose?

+1

Hi Alice.  Unfortunately, your nose will not become thinner with Botox injections.  Botox can do many things well, but changing the texture of the skin is not one of them.

Botox works by relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles.  You may want to consider surgical options for the issues you have with your nose.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox will not change the thickness of nasal skin

+1
Botox will not change the thickness of your nasal skin nor will it make your tip look less round.  I disagree with the physician who suggested treating the muscle that flares your nostrils with Botox to create atrophy and thinning.  Just as a facial nerve paralysis can lead to nasal obstruction on the same side, Botox injections to muscles that dilate the nose can potentially lead to nasal obstruction. 

Anurag Agarwal, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to change shape of nose?

+1

Botox will not do anything for the quality of your skin nor will it make it look thinner. It is not a magic drug. Basically what it does is paralyzes active and overactive facial muscles. The areas you are concerned about have no active muscles. You need to have a consultation with the board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty. Discuss different options to make your nose look thinner. This is possible but is not an easy surgery.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Botox for a Thinner Nose

+1

No there is not a relationship between skin thickness and Botox injections of the nose skin. Best to discuss at your in person evaluation to fully understand. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Botox will not thin out the nose

+1
Botox injections will not change the thickness of the skin of the nose. It won't affect the oil glands although it can diminish sweating But it won't thin the dermis.

Ronald Shelton, MD