Botox for Non Surgical Nose Job?

Can I get a Botox injection to fill in the gap I have on my nose in order to straighten it out more? If yes, will it last ?

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

A filler, such as Restylane, not Botox, would be able to fill in that gap along your bridge.  Restylane lasts about a year, and is reversible if you don't like the results or if any issues arise.  

Botox for non-surgical nose job? No... But maybe a filler.

+1

What you describe is a gap that you want filled.  This is a possible indication for a filler to be placed in the area.  Remember this is what is called an "off-label" use procedure.  Be very careful that you go to an experienced injector. 

Botox works my relaxing the muscles underneath skin to smooth out wrinkles on top.  It would not help in this case.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Botox is not a filler

+1

Botox is not a filler. You would need something such as hyaluronic acid, Juvederm or Restylane. There is a risk of ulceration, scabbing and scarring in this location. It happens very rarely, and may be related to thicker fillers or too much volume, or reasons specific to the individual.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox does not help nasal depressions

+1

The depressions in the nose cannot be fixed with Botox. Fillers can be used to fix it. Typically Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse have been used and work well.

Your profile photo shows a deep nasofrontal angle (radix) and it will fill very nicely with Radiesse. Definitely look into it but no Botox.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox won't recontour nose, but the right filler material is easy to use

+1

Botox won't work for the dip in your nose bridge, but Radiesse certainly will.

Botox is geared toward relaxing muscles by interfering with the signals that cause muscle contraction. For changing contour as is the desired effect for a nonsurgical nose job, you're only options that don't include surgery are fillers.

Radiesse is probably the first choice because of it's consistency and longevity. Restylane or Juvederm are also options but won't last as long.

Radiesse can easily be used for a first level fill and then if you decide you need more, it is a simple extra injection to get to the level of correction you're happy with. Be sure your physician let's you make the final decision on how much is "enough". It takes very small amounts to make very big differences.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Botox is used to minimize the strength muscles. It reduces wrinkles as a result of this action. It cannot be used to change the shape of the nose. Its role in non-surgical nose jobs is limited to a few specific applications which would not apply to your needs or desires. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox not ideal for non-surgical nose job

+1

It is difficult to assess the best way to straighten you nose just from the attached picture alone.

Botox is not ideal to straighten your nose for a "non-surgical nose job." Your best bet would be Radiesse or Artefill for long lasting correction. Juvederm and Restylane are options as well.

I highly recommend that you consult with a facial plastic surgeon experienced in non-surgical techniques to discuss your expectations. I would not rule out a surgical option entirely.

Good Luck!

Anifat Balogun, MD

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty utilizes Injectable Fillers to camouflage a profile nose-hump.

+1

I read your question and reviewed your photo. I think you might benefit from an Injectable Filler treatment to the concavity between your nose-hump and forehead. It seems like that's what you morphed in the photo on the left. BOTOX would not be a suitable treatment.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers can be used to straighten the nose

+1

You can get the result you are looking for with a filler, but not with Botox. I have used both Juvederm and Restylane to straighten the nose many times, and both work very well. How long they last when used this way differs depending on the person and whether it is the first time they have placed a filler there in the past. On average, it has lasted approximately one year the first time the treatment is done. After that, it often lasts longer.

Nancy Swartz, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

BOTOX relaxes muscle movement, fillers add contour

+1

BOTOX is not a good option for the changes you desire in the photograph provided. BOTOX is very effective at improving appearance in many areas of the face and neck by relaxing muscle activity.

It is not possible to give a specific answer regarding a balanced change in nasal appearance without reviewing photos from multiple angles/views. There is a chance you may get a temporary by the use of a FILLER such as Juvederm. Juvederm and other fillers are approved for use in the naso-labial folds but may be used "off label" for other indications. I would suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is experienced in both surgical and non-surgical techniques.

John E. Gross, MD