Botox or Mini-brow Lift for a Young Person with Droopy Eyelids?

I am 22 years old. I don't think I am over-reacting but I noticed recently my eye lid is a little droopy. My eyes are proportional and I don't have vision problems. My eyelid is also visible. I also have dark skin. So, what would be the best procedure or recommendation to combat my droopy eyelids? Botox? A mini brow lift?

BOTOX is perfect for this

What you have here is the eyebrow crowding into the upper eyelid space.  I have a patent pending Microdroplet BOTOX method that specifically lifts the eyebrow creating a very natural forehead lift effect.  This method is very popular with young people who what help but also need a very natural results.  You can learn more about the method at my website.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Botox for droopy eyelids

Botox can be an effective non-surgical solution for subtle sagging of eyelids in the younger patient.  Your photo does not indicate the need for surgical intervention, and a brow lift may potentially create unwanted changes in your facial expression.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

1100 Ward Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96814-1617

Droopy eyelids in a young person...

Thank you for the picture.

Without the benefit of examining you in person, it appears that your eyelid is resting in the correct location -- just over your iris -- and is not droopy.  If, however, this picture is not consistent with where your eyelid normally rests, then I suggest the following...

A droopy eye-LID can have multiple causes. If the eye-LID droop is genetic or due to other neurological or mechanical causes, then you are best served by seeing a physician who regularly performs eyelid surgery, specifically eyelid droop (aka ptosis) surgery -- my recommendation would be to see an Oculoplastic Surgeon in such a scenario. 

Botox would only provide a temporary improvement, if at all -- it is best use to treat eye-BROW droop and not eye-LID droop.  The brow lift (mini or full) would likewise only improve a low set eye-BROW and not a droopy eye-LID...

Good luck.

Dr Markarian

Mark K. Markarian, MD, MSPH
Chestnut Hill Plastic Surgeon

25 Walnut St
Wellesley, MA 02481

When to treat Droopy eyelids

Heaviness in the eyelid area is a genetic condition. I see alot of people of Irish, English, Northern European ancestry come in at young ages because of heavy eyelids. It sound as if this process is just beginning for you. Most people begin to look at treatment options when;

1Eye make up becomes difficult to apply or maintain

2 Eyes begin to look tired

3 The eyes feel heavy from the excess weight building up on them

4. The upper eyelid is itch alot, due to the overlapping skin trapping moisture, creating an irritation.

Judging from your description, it sounds like the heaviness is just catching your attention. It is probably worthwhile to set up a consultation with a specialist in your area. Since BOTOX seems like it may be a reasonable option you can go to, and find a doctor near you.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

6111 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30328

Botox vs brow lift for droopy eyelids

The picture that is presented does not show any droopy eyelids.  The upper lid is at the normal range heading across the upper iris.  You do not need a brow lift, but may want to try Botox.  You have a small amount of scleral show on the lower lids, which is sometimes normal.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

At 22, Botox before surgery

The picture provided does not show droopy eyelids.  However, it would be very difficult to recommend surgery over Botox in a a 22 year old patient.  A subtle brow elevation can be achieved with Botox.  If you don't like it, the result will be gone in 3 months.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

To raise your eyebrow to see more upper lid a Brow Lift will be best

To raise your eyebrow to see more upper lid a Brow Lift will be best.

Your eyes look fine, but your eyebrow and forehead are descending a little.  Botox is a simple solution, but only will do a little  bit.

However, a brow lift (and not a 'mini brow lift') will really raise the hanging eyebrow tissue so that you can see more of your upper lid. I have done this in young patients, but you have to be sure before surgery that you like the way it will look. Find a surgeon who knows brow lifts, and he/she will be able to help you.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

170 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Droopy Eyelids

Your picture does not show droopy eyerlids - they are in good position. If you are concerned about sagging eyebrows a browlift can be done, but I recommend  Botox first so you can evaluate your appearance with a temporary treatment.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Botox for lifting eyelids

Your eyelid doesn't look like its lower and at 22 years old that would be very rare. I wonder if you have swelling that is bringing your upper eyelid into a new position. There can be metabolic conditions and hormonal irregularities that create such findings. See a general physician first to make sure your thyroid and other systems are in balance.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Lift with Botox (or Dysport)

I would consider a tiny botox injection in a certain spot under the eyebrow to give you a nice eyebrow arch by "lifting" your upper lid.

Vic J. Khanna, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

2000 Lake Avenue
Woodstock, IL 60098