Botox or Mini-brow Lift for a Young Person with Droopy Eyelids?

I am 22 years old. I don't think I am over-reacting but I noticed recently my eye lid is a little droopy. My eyes are proportional and I don't have vision problems. My eyelid is also visible. I also have dark skin. So, what would be the best procedure or recommendation to combat my droopy eyelids? Botox? A mini brow lift?

When to treat Droopy eyelids

+1

Heaviness in the eyelid area is a genetic condition. I see alot of people of Irish, English, Northern European ancestry come in at young ages because of heavy eyelids. It sound as if this process is just beginning for you. Most people begin to look at treatment options when;

1Eye make up becomes difficult to apply or maintain

2 Eyes begin to look tired

3 The eyes feel heavy from the excess weight building up on them

4. The upper eyelid is itch alot, due to the overlapping skin trapping moisture, creating an irritation.

Judging from your description, it sounds like the heaviness is just catching your attention. It is probably worthwhile to set up a consultation with a specialist in your area. Since BOTOX seems like it may be a reasonable option you can go to Allergan.com, and find a doctor near you.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs brow lift for droopy eyelids

+1

The picture that is presented does not show any droopy eyelids.  The upper lid is at the normal range heading across the upper iris.  You do not need a brow lift, but may want to try Botox.  You have a small amount of scleral show on the lower lids, which is sometimes normal.

At 22, Botox before surgery

+1

The picture provided does not show droopy eyelids.  However, it would be very difficult to recommend surgery over Botox in a a 22 year old patient.  A subtle brow elevation can be achieved with Botox.  If you don't like it, the result will be gone in 3 months.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

To raise your eyebrow to see more upper lid a Brow Lift will be best

+1

To raise your eyebrow to see more upper lid a Brow Lift will be best.

Your eyes look fine, but your eyebrow and forehead are descending a little.  Botox is a simple solution, but only will do a little  bit.

However, a brow lift (and not a 'mini brow lift') will really raise the hanging eyebrow tissue so that you can see more of your upper lid. I have done this in young patients, but you have to be sure before surgery that you like the way it will look. Find a surgeon who knows brow lifts, and he/she will be able to help you.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Droopy Eyelids

+1

Your picture does not show droopy eyerlids - they are in good position. If you are concerned about sagging eyebrows a browlift can be done, but I recommend  Botox first so you can evaluate your appearance with a temporary treatment.

Botox for lifting eyelids

+1
Your eyelid doesn't look like its lower and at 22 years old that would be very rare. I wonder if you have swelling that is bringing your upper eyelid into a new position. There can be metabolic conditions and hormonal irregularities that create such findings. See a general physician first to make sure your thyroid and other systems are in balance.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lift with Botox (or Dysport)

+1

I would consider a tiny botox injection in a certain spot under the eyebrow to give you a nice eyebrow arch by "lifting" your upper lid.

Vic J. Khanna, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Drooping lid

+1

You do not have a drooping eyelid based on the photo provided.  Most patients who call this a drooping lid are really referring to seeing less of their upper lid.  What is called the lid fold descends downwards as we get older.  The two easiest and safest options to improve this are:

1. Botox to raise the brow.

2. A filler such as juvederm or fat transfer to restore volume to the brow.  Restoring the volume will lift the fold higher and you will see more of your upper lid.

Be very hesitant to undergo brow lifting at your age - if you do, go to a very experienced facial plastic surgeon, and have some long and thorough discussions first.

Good Luck.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox For Young Droopy Eyelids

+1

It is better to try Botox to give a mild brow lift as opposed to a brow lift. 22 years old is very young for a browlift.

You also need to be very clear about the term droopy eyelid. In medical terms it can be 'ptosis' which is the lid covering the pupil more than it should. In your case it seems more to be a lower eyebrow causing more skin bunching in the upper eyelid. So a more appropriate term would be 'droopy brow'

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox versus Mini-Browlift

+1

Based on your photo and your age, I would not recommend any surgical procedures at this time.  Mini-browlifting is helpful in cases where there is true drooping of the lateral, or outer portion of the brows.  This is not an issue for you, as your brow has a gently arched shape which is aesthetically favorable.  If you notice increased drooping as you age, Botox treatments may be helpful to give a lift to the brow area.  The obvious advantage of Botox over surgery is the lack of scars. The temporary nature of Botox, however, necessitates repeat  injections every 3 to 4 months in order to maintain results.

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon