Botox While on Microcurrent Treatment?

I am in the middle of a course of Microcurrent treatment. Can I also have Botox or is it best to wait until I finish the Microcurrent course?

Botox and Microcurrent treatment

+1

There is no real data on combining the two treatments. I'd advise doing them separately just to be safe, and to be more clear about which treatment is the most effective for you.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botulinum toxin why receiving other treatments

+1

I do not see any obvious reasons why you should avoud Botox while recieving Microcurrent. However, it depends on the extent of the treamtents and the reasons why you are recieving the therapy. As always divlulge your entire medical and cosmetic history to your treating physician and let them decide.

Botox is safe to do with almost any other cosmetic procedure, and with microcurrent therapy.

+1

Yes, you shouldn't have problems getting Botox while on microcurrent therapy, or while getting any other cosmetic procedure. The only time I tell patients to wait is if they are going to undergo any procedure that causes a great deal of heat in the dermis right after getting the Botox injections, namely laser resurfacing or IPL.

You should do just fine with your treatment.

Good luck!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist