Can Botox Increase Risk of Getting Multiple Myeloma?

I have MGUS (Monoclonal Gammopathy of Unknown Significance), a condition that puts me at risk of having Multiple Myeloma in the future. Could Botox injections increase my risk of getting Multiple Myeloma?

Botox and myeloma

+2

BOTOX treatments are safe and have no association with any form of cancer. Thus, there is little cause for concern as far as your multiple myeloma and BOTOX treatment having any interaction or problem. 

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

No. As of now, Botox has no association to any malignancy risk.

+2

Botox is very safe, and as of now, does not carry a malignancy risk, so there should be no problem with your MGUS, multiple myeloma risk, and concurrent Botox treatments. The largest risk of you getting multiple myeloma is your MGUS, and Botox will not increase this risk.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist