Can Botox Lift the Outer Corners of the Eyebrow?

I would like the outer corners of my eyebrow lifted. I know my dermatologist does that but does it mean it is lifted constantly or just when I move my eyebrows? How many units would do this effectively?

+2

Yes, Botox can lift the corners of the eyebrow. This may be referred to as a "Botox brow lift." In general,  a non-surgical browlift can be achieved using the following:.

1) Botox
2) Fillers
3) Sculptra, or any combination of the three.

The treatment decision is based on your personal goals and anatomy. Injecting a small amount of Botox will slightly raise the lateral eyebrows, and the effect will be evident without necessarily having to move your eyebrows. In addition, the following fillers may be injected at the superior area of the brow to slightly raise it:

1) Restylane
2) Perlane
3) Juvederm

The units necessary to achieve the desired effect will depend on your individual circumstances.  I typically will use 2.5 units in the area. Thanks and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

The lateral brow lift.

+2

This a simple procedure whereby 2-3 units of Botox are  injected lateral or outside of the temporal fusion line on your forehead. Where is that? Go to the lateral 1/3 of your brow. Feel up from that and you will feel a ridge on your forehead. Botox is injected under the brow past this  ridge and within 3-5 days your lateral brow will go up.

Arnold W. Klein, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical browlift

+2

What you are describing is what is commonly called a chemical browlift. A neurotoxin (Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) is injected below the eyebrow to weaken the muscles that are pulling the outermost portion of the brow complex down. You can achieve a very natural and aesthetic result.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Using botox to shape the brows

+2

Botox can be used to effectively shape the eyebrows, typically I will use 2  - 4 units of botox just under the lateral tail of the eyebrow and leave the lateral 25% of the forehead alone.  This will allow the elevators of the brow to shape the brow because the depressors have been weakened.  

+2

Yes, Botox or Dysport injected into the lateral (tail) of the eyebrows will provide a nominal lift of 1-2 mm's.  It will not raise very heavy eyebrows anywhere as much as a Brow Lift.

Botox and corners of eyes

+2

Botox can be used to "knock out" the efffects of the lateral orbicularis to help elevate the lateral brow. This can work best when the frontalis is still a bit active.

Botox Can Lit the Outer Brow

+2

Yes, Botox can lift the brow and here is why - As one of the major muscles  that causes your outside of your brow to be low is a circular muscle (obicuaris oculi), weakening part of it with Botox will let your brow elevate. It is a wonderful effect that most patients love.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Botox for brows

+2

Botox can effectively raise the outer portion of the eyebrow, thus giving a nice arch to the brow. This can help with the flattening that can be present in some women even at a young age. This gives a more youthful, attractive appearance to the eyebrow particularly when combined with treatment of the forehead.

James M. Kurley, MD
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

Yes it is possible

+1

A "chemical browlift" is what botox [or other botulinum toxin products] can produce in this area. Between 5-10 units per side is usually satisfactory.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid lift with Botox injections

+1

I employ Botox injections to lift the lateral corners of the eye in my practice in LA. The treatment can improve the contours of the lateral eyebrow. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS