Can Botox Lift Slightly Hooded Eyes?

Botox for hooded eyes

+2

It depends on the severity of hooding.  If there is excess skin, you would benefit from having the excess removed.  Especially if it is affecting your vision.  If the hooding is mild, botox should be able to help and give you a nice lift.  I would see a skilled injector who injects on a daily basis.  

Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Botox Can Lift the Lateral Brow

+2

Botox can temporarily lift the lateral portion (tail) of the brow by inhibiting one of the brow depressor muscles; this works well for patients with slight brow ptosis (droop).  However, if a patient has a significant amount of extra upper eyelid skin, the benefit offered by Botox in this region is less significant.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Can Work Well for A Mild Browlift.

+1

Botox, as well as other neuromodulators (Dysport, Xeomin), when injected into the crow's feet area, the tail of the eyebrow, and the glabella region softens the downward pull of the muscles in these regions, thereby granting a competitive advantage to the forehead muscles (the frontalis) to pull the brow upward slightly.

If appropriate, a small amount of filler material injected carefully under the eyebrows may further supplement the lift. My favorites for this purpose are Belotero Balance and Restylane L. 

Without a photograph, or better still the benefit of an actual examination, it is hard to actually say, but it is possible in this particular case that what I have called "The Ten Minute Eyelift" may be helpful for reducing the hooding should neuromodulators prove ineffective or only marginally so.

The Ten Minute Eyelift is a  minimally invasive procedure, performed under local anesthetic. With this technique thermal energy is delivered linearly along the junction of the lid and the brow. This results in immediate tightening and later to contraction of the skin upon healing, which in turn results in shrinkage of the hooded skin and better exposure of the upper lid.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox for Hooded Eyes

+1

Botox relaxes muscles that are causing lines and wrinkles. Thus, it does not lift any part of the face, in fact it can do the exact opposite. Therefore, it does not have any benefit for hooded eyes, which can be treated with a blepharoplasty to remove the excess skin, or an eyebrow lift to raise it. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

How Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) works to subtlely lift and correct hooded upper eyelids and eyebrows

+1

I have used it for this purpose but it is very subtle and it works by throwing off the opposing muscle tensions around the eye,.Technically the eyebrows/eyelid are lifted by the forehead (frontalis) muscle but pulled down by the outer crow's feet muscles (orbicularis oculi). By weakening the latter, you allow the forehead to take over and exert an unopposed lifting effect on the eyebrow/eyelid

Yes it can lift eyes to a degree

+1

Botox or Dysport can if injected in the right place elevate the brows to a moderate degree. This can be done out laterally to help alleviate the problem of lateral hooding.  More significant brow ptosis can and may need to be addressed surgically

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Can Help Hooded Eyelids

+1

Botox can help very slightly hooded eyelids. Botox injection into the outer edge of the eyebrow can produce a 1mm elevation of the outside edge of the brow and some improvement in hooding. For the most part though, if hooding is a concern, some type of brow lift procedure should be considered.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+1

Botox can lift the outer brow and help with hooded upper eye lid skin. The improvement will vary with the patient but typically is mild . Therefore if ther is significant hoooding this may require a surgical approach. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you with your options.

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX can help but BROWLIFT &/or BLEPH would be better

+1

You certain can obtain some mild improvement  of your brow position which may in turn improve hooding but I would not recommend that.  I you are a woman the I would look strongly at improving your brow position with a browlift and possible upper lid blepharoplasty.  If you are a man then I would address the upper lids with a blepharoplasty.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Carefully placed Botox may improve slight eyelid hooding.

+1

If you have Botox injected in the frown muscles, and the muscles that pull down the tail of your brow, you may see improvement in your eyelid hooding. I hope this helps.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon