Botox to Lift Brows - Should I Get It? Recommendations?

Should I get Botox to lift up my eyebrows? Do they look "mean", "Heavy", "tired" or "saggy"? Somebody said I look really mean and this is my normal expression. They're normal though, right? I'm afraid that people think it looks droopy, or angry (my mom has the same shaped eyebrows). Yes I know my left eyebrow is lower than my right.

Botox is not for you

+2

Your eyebrows are already elevated, more in the middle and it may be because your forehead is trying to lift them and in turn, the upper eyelids. If you try to lift the lifted eyebrows, not much will happen. If you wanted to create less of a heavy upper eyelid, as you have eyelid ptosis, then a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) could be done by a board certified plastic or oculoplastic surgeon.

Botox Browlift cautions

+1

Botox works wonderfully for anyone who is looking for a mild browlift. After looking at your photos, however, it's not that your brows are low; actually, it seems as if you are raising your brow slightly, especially the right one. The problem is that you have a condition called ptosis of both eyelids, the left one being slightly worse. It is a medical condition that causes the elevating muscle in the eyelid itself to 'stretch' causing the eyelid to droop making someone look tired or sad or angry. Because it's a medical condition, it is covered by your insurance. I will warn you, however, that once you repair your eyelid ptosis your brow will then at that point return to a slightly lower position and then Botox may be a good option for you to get the brows up and create a browlift (your left brow may still be lower though). Seeing an ophthalmologist in your area for a visual field test and having them refer you to a ptosis specialist is your next step in my opinion.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox)

+1

Given your appearance I would not recommend Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) to lift or relieve the heaviness of your eyelids.

Botox to raise your eyebrows will not address your specific concerns

+1

Botox can certainly be used to change the contour of the eyebrows. However in your case your eyebrows are already quite high, probably because you are compensating for droopy eyelids (worse on the left than the right). Botox is not very effective or safe for changing the eyelid height. Surgery to address your eyelid height problem would address your concerns of a tired or heavy look. Since you are in Oakland, you are welcome to take a trip down to Monterey to see me for an evaluation.

Carlo Rob Bernardino, MD
Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox to lift eyebrows

+1

Properly and critically placed botox (or dysport) will elevate eyebrows. The issue is to have an experienced doctor do it right and to inject the correct place in order to get a natural arched brow, rising outward. This way you can avoid an unnatural peeked look. If done correctly then the results are very gratif\ying.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrows

+1

In my opinion you do not need Botox for your eyebrows.  Your brows have a nice peak and raising them more will give you a surprised look.  Botox and all injectables work best when they look and feel natural.

Emily M. Altman, MD

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and lifting the brow

+1

Botox can be used to arch the brows.  It can make tired eyes open up a bit. In the photo, it almost looks like you have some eyelid ptosis.

Botox to Lift Brows

+1

Thanks for the posted photo, it helps. From the photo you have a lateral arch that would be increased with Botox brow lifting techniques. Therefore I recommend do not do this. Sorry. From MIAMI 

Consult an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation of eyelid ptosis.

+1

I read your concern, and reviewed your photo. Your brows are quite high, and in my opinion do not need to be lifted, especially by the tails. You appear to have droopy eyelids (ptosis) with your left lid lower than your right. In that regard, an oculoplastic surgeon would likely be the most informative consultation for you.

All the best from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Browlifting

+1

It appears from the photo that you sent in that your left eyelid may have what is called eyelid ptosis (meaning "to droop".)  I might recommend to you that you go see an eye doctor to have this further evaluated as your brow position may not be the main thing that you are seeing as the issue.

That being said, Botox can be used very effectively to help with brow elevation.  While this is not certain, we generally achieve success with non-surgical browlifting with Botox in over 80% of patients.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon