I Had Botox Done Last Week, Which Resulted to a Droopy Right Eye. Can Squeezing Very Strongly the Eyes Improve the Situation?

+1

Ptosis or drooping eyelid after Botox will not improve with squeezing of the eye. There are some cases where after about 3-4 weeks patients see a small amount of improvement.  A prescription of iopidine 0.5% eye drops may help with the eye drooping.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Ptosis

+1

Sorry to hear about the droopy lid after Botox. Squeezing your eyelids will not help. Apraclonidine eye drops will help elevate the eyelid. This drop is preferred because phenylephrine drops can dilate your pupil, cause light sensitivity, and make reading difficult. With time, the ptosis will resolve.

Adam J. Cohen, MD
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid droop after Botox

+1

Eyelid droop can happen after Botox but the good news is that it usually resolves itself way before the Botox wears off. You can get a prescription eye drop or use Naphcon A.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Ptosis after Botox treatment

+1

Apraclonidine or phenylephrine eyedrops will help to lessen the droopiness as the situation resolves.  Typically the ptosis (eyelid droop) will last only for a few weeks.  Unfortunately squeezing your eyes will not result in improvement.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Ptosis following Botox treatment

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Apraclonidine eye drops can be´╗┐ used to help with eyelid ptosis following Botox treatment if the issue is with your eyelid. Apraclonidine is an alpha-andrenergic agonist eye drop. It can cause the muscles to contract, elevating the upper lid. Squeezing the eyes will not help. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Eye droop from Botox

+1

I'm sorry this happened. Squeezing the eyes won't improve the situation. I'm unsure if you have a droop eyelid, or eyebrow, or both. But if it is the eyelid, there are prescription eyedrops available to help resolve this more quickly. Or time. Those are the options. Squeezing the eyes won't do anything helpful.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD