Can Botox Be Used on Several Large Muscles in the Leg for Spasms? (photo)

I have spina bifida with tethered cord syndrome. I have a baclofen pump and take 40mg oral baclofen four times daily. However, I still have left leg spasms that include the muscles in my left buttock, down the hamstring, the inner thigh, the upper thigh. My leg kicks and pulls about every 5 to 10 seconds with the only relaxation from the oral baclofen. Sometimes after taking it, i will get a three to four hour reprieve, but not always. How many muscles can be treated with botox?

Botox works for spasms

+2

Botox works great on patients that have muscular spasms, even on large muscles.

Botox and muscle spasms

+2

It sounds like you need to be discussing your current treatment with your primary care provider - Botox is an effective treatment for muscle spasms, however is not something done with cosmetic Botox.

Sam Naficy, MD