Can Botox Makes calf Smaller?

I have a big calf [muscle] I would like them to be smaller. I'm a female.

Botox for Calf Muscles

+1

While your idea may sound functional, Botox is not approved for use in the calves, and even if it were it would take a massive amount of product to atrophy your muscles and would likely not produce the result you're looking for. It sounds like anatomically you have large calf muscles. Unfortunately, Botox (nor anything else) can reduce these. Hey, it could be worse!

Botox use to make calves smaller

+1

Botox Cosmetic is a medication best used to temporarily weaken small muscles in the face which cause unwanted lines or wrinkles.  It has also been used in larger doses to treat some specific spastic conditions.  It should never be used to treat hypertrophied calf muscles.  Although, in theory large doses could atrophy calf muscles making them smaller, the amount required would likely be dangerous and certainly extremely costly.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

USe of botox for thick calf muscles.

+1

Theoretically, Botox could make your calf muscle smaller but it would take a massive dose and this would not be recommended.

Botox is not used to reduce salf muscles

+1

Botox is not used to reduce the size of calf muscles. Botox is normally used to relax small muscles of facial expression and has little applicability for large muscles.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

BOTOX is not the best treatment for calves

+1

BOTOX is not the best treatment for calves.  The amount of BOTOX which would need to be injected into the calf muscles to reduce them in size would be costly and possibly reduce muscle function.  I recommend that you see a plastic surgeon to evaluate your calves.  If the extra bulk is due to fat instead of muscle, liposuction may be able to improve the shape of your calves.

Adam Schaffner, MD, FACS

Botox for large calfs

+1

Injecting Botox to decrease calf muscle size has been reported but it would require a very high dose (very expensive), will take a long time to see results (the muscle has to shrink from inactivity) and will need repeat treatments 2 to 4 times per a year.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the Calf Muscle

+1
Continued use of Botox may result in muscle atrophy and therefore decrease the size of tue muscle. That said I do not recommend using this for reducing the size of one's calves. It may result in significant weakness of the calf muscle and therefore affect walking.

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Botox and calf muscles

+1

There have been some reports in the literature suggesting that botox use to the calf muslce may make them smaller over time.  I do not perform this procedure on the calves..

Botox for the calf

+1

I would not recommend injecting Botox in your calf.  First of all, it will likely have no effect.  A great about of Botox would be needed to reduce the muscle bulk.  If you did it most likely would also effect muscle function.  You may consider liposuction of the calf to reduce the soft tissue bulk.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox for Smaller Calves

+1

I would not recommend using Botox as the means to shrink your calves for several reasons. First off, the amount of Botox need to see an effect would be too expensive, especially for a temporary effect.  Secondly, I don't think it would be safe to inject the massive amounts of botox needed in one sitting. Instead, I would recommend percutaneous nerve ablation like they do in South Korea... Actually I've seen this procedure done many times in my fellowship in South Korea and it works amazingly well . And it does not seem to affect your gait. Hope this helps.

George Min, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon