Botox in the Jawline

Hello Doctors, I have done Botox on the jawline twice so far, and I have been EXTREMELY satisfied with the results. No side effects at all. I had my jawline injected with botox four months ago, and I really want to keep the results, because I am really happy. My face is still small, but can I still do this as a touch up? Or is it best if I wait until my face is back to original state? I really want to maintain the results I am very pleased with. Thank you!

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) and timing of injections.for jawline

+2

There is nothing wrong with injecting Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) prior to it completely wearing off.

Botox schedule

+1

While botox results last between 3-4 months, I usualy recommend patients to return at the 3-3.5 month mark to maintain the results that they have.

Botox and Timing

+1

Botox in the Jawline

Every 4 months is good to do for up keep.  It is not recommend to inject any more frequent that 4 months time, which is about how long the effects of botox last.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Nefertiti Lift...Botox in the Jawline

+1

Hi Kira,

Glad to hear that you are very happy with the results of your jawline Botox (Nefertiti Lift).  It is best to keep the muscles from returning to function by re-treating at the first signs of movement or every 3 to 4 months.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Maintain the botox effect

+1

It is wise if happy with Botox results, to maintain the benefit prior to the effectiveness wearing off. Therefore, keep the appointment for followup Botox not more than four months after treatment. If the Botox wears off, then the muscles contract again and the skin starts to crease again forming more wrinkles.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox in jawline

+1

Glad to hear that you are happy. You are at the tail end of the time of action of the neurotoxin and to maintain your results- you would need to get regular injections 3-4months appart- over time you may notice that you will be able to space out the injections further

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist