Botox jaw reduction in New York City?

It is difficult to find a doctor that specializes in this procedure- at least on here. My jaw muscle is oversized, giving my face a square look. I would like to gain a softer, more feminine jaw line.

Square Jaws Due To Masseter Muscle Hypertrophy Respond Well To Botox Injections

+1
The presence of a square jaw is typically considered a masculinizing feature. When present in a woman, due to a hypertrophic masseter muscle (overbulking of the chewing muscle), the condition may be easily treated with the injection of a neuromodulator, Botox, Dysport or Xeomin.

When appropriately injected into the masseter to thin it along the jawline, neuromodulators improve and feminize the appearance of region, without affecting the ability to chew. Treatment of the masseter muscles is not one of the more common uses of neuromodulators, like treating the scowl lines, so consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in this area would be prudent. 

Botox can help slim the lower face

+1

Botox works by relaxing muscles. For people with square jaws, relaxing the muscle called the masseter muscle can reduce the overall width of the lower face. This will not affect the ability to chew.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Botox injection can soften the jaw line and give a more feminine look.

+1

Dear writer, Botox injection can soften the jaw line and give a more feminine look. Provided there is true hypertrophy (excess development) of the jaw muscles (masseter),  Botox injection is a relatively simple procedure that will provide the desired look with often times just one treatment session, providing results that will last for several months.  

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and jaw reduction

+1
You have to be patient,  Jaw reduction with botox can take several treatments provided that it is due to masseter hypertrophy.  Good luck.

Botox Jaw Reduction

+1

To know if you are a good candidate for Botox Jaw Reduction, I would need to see you in person for consultation.  It would be good if post pictures with you at rest and also with you clenching down.  If your muscle bulges or becomes thick when you clench your teeth, you will likely have a nice result with Botox treatment to your jawline.  The treatment in the office is quick and easy and very effective if the right candidate.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox for a softer jaw line

+1
Without a photo, it is impossible to comment objectively on your situation but Botox may relax the muscles to achieve some improvement.  The question is not only the size of the muscle, as you state, but whether there is a malalignment or other condition which might require surgical reconstruction.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox in Muscles On the Jawline is Effective in Softening the Face

+1

Botox injected into the muscles on the jawline is quick, easy and effecient method to reduce the size of the jaw.  I use 25 units per side and the muscles will soften and shrink over a few weeks.  I would call a facial plastic surgeons office to see if they offer the procedure.  I am sure that are many locations that offer this in NYC.  I would ask about the comfort and experience with the procedure.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox muscle reduction

+1

Good question- see your local board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Repeat treatments may be needed but can be helpful. Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Botox injection to jaw muscle (masseter)

+1
This should be a very straight-forward injection since the masseter muscle is very large and easy to inject.  It is a very effective treatment too.  If you are having problems finding a plastic surgeon or dermatologist, perhaps an oral-maxillofacial surgeon might be able to offer the services since they deal with those muscles routinely.  Best of luck.

Daniel Yamini, MD