Botox for 11 Lines Without Irritating Sensitive Eyes?

I understand that Botox works very well for 11 lines. How well would it work for the line across the bridge of my nose without affecting my very sensitive (allergic?) eyes. All face creams (not even near my eyes) irritate my eyes.

Botox would work fine for 11 lines

Botox would work fine for these lines also and in fact is commonly used. The placement is different and takes a bit more skill. For that reason, among others, it is suggested that you seek someone with experience.

By the way, have you tried Vanicream for sensitive skin? This is a cream nearly universally loved by dermatologists due to its lack of irritancy.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

5320 Providence Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Botox should have no effect on your sensitive eyes

Botox or Dysport should have no effect on your sensitive eyes if you are getting the bridge of the nose or the glabella areas injected.   

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069

Botox or Dysport should not effect your sensitive eyes

Botox and other toxins such as Dysport are frequently used in these lines very effectively. It should not be a problem despite having sensitive eyes. I recommend mentioning that you have sensitive eyes so that they are aware when cleaning the area and applying topical numbing cream prior to the procedure.

Ritu Saini, MD

345 East 37th Street
New York, NY 10016

Injection of Botox should fine for sensitive skin

Botox injection is safe for patients with sensitive eyes.

Some irritation may be seen when the skin is cleansed with alcohol so you may notify your injector so the cleansing is done gently.

Botox works well for your 11 lines specially if injected by an experienced physician.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

16100 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618

Botox and sensitive skin or eyes

Botox should have no effect on sensitive skin or eyes. You do not need the area to even be wiped with alcohol prior to injection, just come in with a clean face and you are ready to be treated.

Todd Minars, MD
Miami Dermatologist

4060 Sheridan St
Hollywood, FL 33021

Botox okay for sensitive skin

Botox or Dysport can be used without problems even in sensitive skin. It should have no effect on sensitive eyes. The most common side effect is pinpoint bruising, especially if you take any aspirin or ibuprofren products or blood thinners on a regular basis. This is usually minimal and can be easily covered with concealer for a few days.

Mandy Lynn Warthan, MD
Dallas Dermatologist

5971 Virginia Parkway, Suite 100
McKinney, TX 75071

Nasal bridge lines or wrinkles.

It depends on whether the crease is due to wrinking caused by contraction of the procerus muscle or secondary to overall forehead laxity/sagging.

In the former situation, it would respond excellently to botulinum toxin (Dysport or Botox injections). In the latter case, it would better be treated with a brow or forehead lift.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Botox for the "eleven" lines between the eyebrows and the horizontal line of the nasal bridge

Botox is used without problems often, in patients with sensitive skin. The areas injected must be disinfected first, and this could create a temporary irritation in the skin. Usually the area is wiped gently with alcohol. Just mention it to your doctor so the application of the disinfectant is gently applied.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Botox issues on sensitive skin should be minor

Dear Gandma

You should do just fine with the BOTOX for the 11 lines. In my office, we typically apply a topical numbing cream to make treatment more comfortable. The cream is acidic and in individuals with sensitive skin, this can cause irritation, redness and a couple of days of skin flaking. Generally my patients with this issue and they are very few in number, prefer to have the skin irritation and have their skin numb for treatment. Just discuss this with your treating doctor to decide how best to proceed.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Botox for Sensitive Skin

There really are few contraindications for Botox Cosmetic use - even with sensitive skin. However, you should review your sensitivity history with your doctor before your injections. Botox Cosmetic is great for your "11" lines of the glabella and smoothing out dynamic wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. It is also useful for "bunny lines" on the nose. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022