Botox Injections Under Arms to Stop Sweating and No Results?

hello i've had botox injections under my arm or armpits to stop sweating and the doctor told me that the results will appear within a week or so and the treatment will last 5 months ..... i waited 10 days and i was still sweating and the 5 months passed and im still sweating what should i do please help me ..... BTW:i've had the injection once

No result from Botox for sweating under arms.

+2

You mentioned you had Botox injections once, but I wasn't sure if that treatment was in the past or the treatment you are currently asking about.  My first thought in trying to determine why you have not seen any result from the Botox for your underarm sweating would be to check the dose used.  It is possible that the dose was not enough to give you an effect.  My second thought would be to look at the injection method.  If it was injected too deeply, you may not get the expected result.  Lastly, it is possible that you are one of the few people who do not respond to Botox, but if you had it in the past with results, this would be unlikely.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox dosing should be at least 50 units per axilla for diminution of hyperhidrosis.  The dose was likely below the therapeutic threshold. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Botox to stop sweating

+1

Most likely you werent treated with enough units. You should go back and speak with the Dr that performed the treatment to discuss your lack of response. If you are in Los Angeles please call our office and schedule a consultation to discuss. Best of luck 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Botox to treat hyperhidrosis

+1

It's likely the dosage you received was not adequate.  The areas that were treated should have noticeably decreased sweat production. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox Therapeutic for sweating

+1

Botox Therapeutic can be very effective to decrease underarm sweating.  You should return to your physician injector and discuss your lack of response.  You may require more units of Botox.  It would be very unusual to not respond to it.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for sweating

+1

Seek out another doctor for a botox injection. I have never seen a failure for botox to work in the underarm area for sweating.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Botox under arms not working

+1

It is unusual for Botox not to work in the axilla unless not enough was used or the Botox was not functional. I would go back to your doctor and ask how much was used and have it done again somewhere if it has been five months. 100 units total would be a typical amount that should work. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox for Underarm Sweating Results

+1

The average number of units of Botox to treat excessive underarm sweating is 50 Units per underarm, however some people may require more and some may require less depending on the severity of the sweating. Sometime's it takes more than one treatment session to figure out what the right dosing is for each individual. You should see how many units you were given as it is quite possible that it was not enough to control your sweating.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon