Does Botox injections work for Shingles pain?

My wife had shingles on her lower back about 3 years ago. The pain is still acute after this time. The pain is in her right leg and has been treated by cortisone injections that give her some relief for about 2 months and then the pain starts again, slowly at first and increases to the point of needing another needle. I am wondering if the Botox injections works for migraine pain can it work for the pain in her leg?

Shingles and BOTOX

+1

To my knowledge there is no effect on BOTOX and shingles. BOTOX acts by relaxing the muscle. Pain from shingles is an irritation by the shingles virus to a nerve that gives sensation to your body, and this irritation causes pain. Two different mechanisms.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon