Can Botox Injections to Reduce the Muscles in the Sides of my Head I Have Been Told This is Effective is This True?

BOTOX - NON SURGICAL FACIAL RESHAPING

+1

Thank you for your question. Botulinum Toxin (Botox, Azzalure, Dysport etc)is effective in reducing temporarily the strength and to a certain extent the bulk of muscular tissue. Its off-label  use ranges from crow's feet area, upper lip, chin and also in the reduction of the square jaw (botox jaw reduction) when result of hypertrophy of the masseter muscle.  I agree that with the correct indication and in the right hands, it is an extremely effective treatment with a very high degree of satisfaction.

I hope it helps

Andrea Marando

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Botox for facial sculpting

+1

Numerous published papers suggest that Botox can be safely and effectively used off-label in many areas to improve appearance.  For instance injections can be performed that will help sculpt the neck and jawline.  In my practice, I have injected Botox into the masseter muscles (chewing muscles) to decrease the symptoms of TMJ.  Not only was it effective for the symptoms, but also had a nice tapering effect on the face due to the decreased size of the muscles.

Advanced injection techniques such as these should only be entrusted to physicians who have extensive Botox experience.  Remember, for cosmetic purposes, The FDA has only approved Botox for the treatment of frown lines and crow's feet.

Matthew Doppelt, DO
Knoxville Dermatologist