Where can I get Botox injections with my already prescribed and purchased botox?

I already have a bottle of botox that was prescribed by my dermatologist. We had a falling out and ned to find a Dr. for the injection. What is my best bet?

Botox injections

+2

Without verification of the authenticity of the Botox Cosmetic, it is going to be very difficult of find a reputable physician that will do your injections. Is the Botox from the U.S. or is it from Canada or an internet order. Counterfeit Botox is becoming more and more of a problem and a serious health threat.

Botox injections from dermatologist

+1
If the vial of Botox is unused at your dermatologist you can ask them to contact Allergan on your behalf to see if it can be credited to you.  Since Botox needs to be transferred on ice or refrigerated no one will accept and inject a product that they do not know how it was handled for your own safety.

Michele S. Green, MD

Pre Purchased Botox?

+1
Just when you think you've heard everything.....
I feel fairly certain that Allergan has guidelines about dispensing Botox to patients. They would probably be interested to learn about how and where you purchased the Botox. They might be able to find a physician who could take the Botox you have, send it back to Allergan and use Botox from their office to provide a treatment.

Each vial of Botox has a lot number, so it can easily be traced. 

I have heard of promotions like "bank your Botox" that encourage patients to pay for large quantities of Botox up front.  I would sternly urge people not to participate in such programs.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Sorry, I don't think anyone reputable will do this for you.

+1
It sounds like you are in a difficult situation.  I cannot imagine that anyone would be willing to inject you with Botox that you brought in to the office.  The liability would be too great.  I would advise you to find a new physician that you are comfortable with.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Finding a Botox injector for prescribed Botox

+1
It is always best to go to the physician that prescribed your Botox; however, if that is not an option I would suggest calling the local Allergan co. Botox representative for help.  It is possible the rep. can verify that it is a good bottle, and assist with proper storage, and set you up with another provider.  To find that representatives contact information, go to the Allergan company's website, and call their 1-800 patient info. #. 
Good Luck !!

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

What is my best bet

+1
This is a unusual scenario. I'm not familiar with the idea of a patient bringing her own bottle of Botox in for injection. I personally would never inject any Botox or other medicine if it was not ordered and received by my office only. Otherwise I have no way of confirming the authenticity, the sterility, the storage temperature, etc, etc. You will likely not have much luck in finding a qualified Dr to help you out.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon