I Had Botox Injections in my Forehead 10 Days Ago. I Have Absolutely No Results? (photo)

Shouldn't there be some difference, even if not the full effect, shouldn't there be something? I'm thinking I was injected with saline solution!

Yes, you should see results at 10 days.

+1

The onset of muscle relaxation after Botox varies from individual but the average onset is 3-5 days.  Many people report an earlier onset than 3 days however.  If you are not seeing ANY results at 10 days, you should call the individual who injected you and ask for a followup visit .   (Very very rarely does it take two weeks to see onset of results)  At the time of your followup visit,  before and after photos can be evaluated and the provider can help determine why you are not seeing results yet.  Hopefully you were given authentic Botox, reconstituted correctly and injected with a proper dosage.  These are questions that you can ask your provider.  Was your provider within a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist office?    If not, you may want to consider a change for future treatments.

Return to injector

+1

Yes, at this point, I would go back to when you had it injected and request additional units to remedy the situation. They may not have injected enough units for your forehead.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

I Had Botox Injections in my Forehead 10 Days Ago. I Have Absolutely No Results?

+1

Yes, you should be seeing something for sure. At the very first treatment of Botox many people start seeing results within hours simply because the body isn't used to the neuromodulator being there, and so it starts absorbing it into the muscle faster. Over time and more treatments, this slows down as the body becomes used to the treatment, which is why we say it takes up to 10 days for full effects. You though, with this being your first treatment, should absolutely see results at this point. I don't know where you went for the treatment, but follow up with that injector. Your photos aren't helping because we can't see your forehead at all. But your injector should want to see you. I can't comment on what you were injected with, but remember that when pricing Botox injections, if the deal seems to good to be true, don't do it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

I believe you! But over the internet very hard to advise the path to take. Was the injecting doc a derm/PS? What is that docs' policy to BOTOX non responders? Was it freshly mixed? What was the dilution use (I hope only 4 cc's in 100 units)? What amount in units was used? Where you under treated? So many questions. Call the injector ASAP to explain these to you. 

Botox in forehead

+1

It is difficult to say whether or not the Botox worked without seeing you in person and having you animate. If you are not happy go see your doctor.

Botox and no results 10 days post

+1

From the pictures you provided, it is not possible to evaluate your response because your hair is covering your forehead.  Despite that, if you feel you did not get the response desired, I highly recommend you return to your injector and discuss this.  There are a couple of other things that can cause a lack of response:  an inadequate amount of Botox being used to treat the area or improper placement of Botox into the muscle.  I want to believe that this is more likely the cause, rather than a health care professional injecting just saline.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Botox and 10 days post treatment

+1

Based on the photo's you've provided, your forehead is not visible. Ten units to the forehead will give some relief of the frontalis muscle, and without seeing you in person or viewing a close up of your forehead (that isn't covered by your hair) would help in answering your question.

Sam Naficy, MD

The photos you provided are not close enough to form an opinion of your service.

+1

Yes there should be a difference.  If you are treated in an office that does not take before and after photos, then you are getting service in the wrong place.  These images are absolutely critical because an ethical office will be able to show you in before and after pictures what the effect of your treatment was.  You may have a real difference, but without this documentation, it can be impossible to effectively show you the effect of treatment.  What I can tell you is that you know when you have had a worthwhile service.  I think it is time to find a new provider.

Botox not working in 10d

+1

Ten days may be too soon to see your results. Neurotoxin results depend on the dilution, amount injected, strength of the injected muscles and location of the injection. If you are still concerned with the outcome at day 15, then consultation with your injecting physician is recommended, you may need more product, or different placement of the product.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Botox

+1

Hello Charla. Thank you for your question. It is hard to see from the pictures that you submitted so if possible take a close up of your forehead. In regards to the time frame, we normally see effects 7-10 days after injections for the full effects of the medication. If you do have questions or if you are not happy with the results go back to your surgeon/injector and speak with them. They can do touch up injections to the areas that were not fully treated. Best of Luck!

Arturo H. Armenta, MD