Can Botox Injection Be Taken for Wrist Drop or Elbow Stiffness?

i have a wrist drop in my right hand and also has elbow stiffness due to which i have difficulty in griping and rotating my hand

Botox is not indicated for wrist drop

+1

Botox won't help your wrist drop as it already is a case of not enough signal of a nerve to muscle and Botox could make it worse. Elbow stiffness could be related to many different things but none that I am aware would respond to Botox.

Wrist drop cause needs to be determined

+1

Forget Botox and anything else as a cure for your wrist drop and elbow stiffness. You need a diagnosis for these issues and seeing a good hand surgeon or neurologist would be the first step. The radial nerve may be entrapped and it may need a surgical release. Other causes need to be explored.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Botox Possibly Can Help

+1

Botox can help with spasms and certain contractures of the upper extremity.  You need an evaluaiton by a hand specialist or neurologist to determine if botox can rebalance your upper limb.

Botox has been used off label for joint pains, but I do not know of work with Botox to relieve stiffness.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Stiff Elbow?

+1

Hi Bash.  Not sure what you meant by the wrist drop, but Botox will not help for elbow stiffness.  The issues you speak about may have something to do with your arm muscles, but we do not recommend injecting Botox for this purpose.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Unlikely to be of help.

+1

BOTOX does a number of things.  However it is unlikely to help you with the concerns you have outlined.