Botox Injection into Upper Eye Lid Muscle. How Long Does It Take For It To Be Effective?

i have bells palasy and unable to shut my eye, i have had a botox injection in my upper eye lid to enable the lid to drop and close, this was over 24 hours ago and lid still not dropped, how long does it take to take effect and is it a gradual process.

Onset of Botox can take several days

+1

Most patients start to see the results of Botox in the first few days after  the injection but the peak onset could take as much as two weeks. By the third day most have some relaxation.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Botox Effect

+1

I usually tell my patients that they will see a result from Botox anywhere from 2-7 days after my injection. Usually it is within 3 days.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon