Botox Injection Along the Jawline Elongated my Face - What Can Be Done to Fix This?

My doctor injected 25 units of botox on each side of my jawline. Instead of lifting and producing more triangulation, it caused my face to look elongated and my lower face, droopy. My face shape was already oval prior to injection. Is there anything that can be done to correct this?

Botox to the masseters

+2

Depending on injection technique and unit amount, this determines the type of results you may or may not see. If you don't like the results, visit your provider and discuss expectations - also realizing your treatment will wear off.

Botox injection elongated my face

+2

Injecting Botox is an art, and it's an off-label usage along the jawline, which means there can be more derivation in how this area is treated. 25 units along each side is pretty standard, but the actual points of injection also matter. There is nothing that can be done at this point, but just know that Botox lasts about 3-4 months and after that point, your facial shape will return.

Botox for Jawline

+1

Botox cosmetic is intended for use on the upper third of the face (crow's feet, horizontal forehead lines, 11's). Thus, injecting the masseter muscles is a less resolved procedure. There is nothing to be done but wait the 3 to 4 months it will take to wear off.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-botox/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Just let the BOTOX wear off.

+1

The elongated face is from atrophy of the masseter muscle.  This by the way is precisely what the treatment is suppose to do.  THe BT puts the muscle at rest and cause a temporary loss of muscle volume.  The treatment generally provides a subtle narrowing of the face and is used in individuals with wide faces caused by hypertrophy of the masseter muscles.  In time as the treatment wears off, the facial volume returns.