Botox Injection for Uneven Masseter Muscles? How Many Units Do I Need? (photo)

Hi, I have never had any botox injections before so Im a little concerned. My face is a little bit assymetrical along the jawline. At first I thought it was my bone shape but then I realized that it was my masseter muscle causing the assymetry. What are the side effects of botox? How many units do I require? Also, Im a bit concerned about getting injections in my muscle every year, will there be any long term effects? The photos do not look that bad, but in person the assymetry is more obvious.

Botox Injection for Uneven Masseter Muscles? How Many Units Do I Need?

+1

The Masseter on the right looks slightly larger in the photos and if that bothers you, you could start with 30-45 units of Botox to the right Masseter.  The treatment should be repeated at 3-4 months for continued muscle weakening.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.