Couldn't botox be injected into the sinuses or surrounding area to open the sinuses & stop the mucus creating?

I'm constantly on clarintyne 2 a day once in morning once in evening.I avoid mucus creating foods, have no cold drinks but drink plenty of fluids, avoid fumes, use saline the doctors say it's allergy. I have also used nasonex but it only works for a short time & makes my hair fall out a bit. I bend over & my head pounds. I think can't botox be injected into the sinus area to stop the closing of the sinuses as then I'd surely not suffer so. maybe it would dry up these over active fellows.

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Thank you for your question! I have never heard of this being done, I suggest checking with your ENT doctor! Best of luck!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Can Botox help with sinuses?

+1

Botox works by weakening the particular muscle into which it is injected. Muscles are not involved with the functioning of the sinuses, so Botox would not have any effect on the sinuses or mucus drainage.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon