Botox Injected in my Corrugator, Procerus, and Upper Frontalis Only? (photo)

I had my entire forehead injected with Botox yesterday but NOT the crow's feet area. Will I get a "caveman" look because of not doing this area? Also chin and each side of mouth were done since I have a full lower face. Now I'm swollen (chipmunk) on each side of mouth and new lines there. Please advise. Thanks!

Update: Photo added.

Botox Injected in my Corrugator, Procerus, and Upper Frontalis Only?

+1

No, if you have Botox injected into the forehead the horizontal lines will be reduced as well as the vertical lines in the Glabella.  If performed properly these areas will have less noticeable wrinkles with no downside.  Botox, Dysport or Xeomin can also be used to reduce the cobblestone look of the chin.

Botox for crow's feet

+1

Please wait 2 weeks to see your final result from your Botox treatment.  If you do not like your crow's feet, you can always return to have them injected.  Is it possible that the swelling at the sides of your mouth are bruises?  If so, they will resolve.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

What areas are treated with Botox

+1

When most people elect to have a full treatment of Botox this includes the forehead, glabella, and crow's feet. But that doesn't have to be the case. You can elect not to treat any area, but just realize that area will still have movement like normal. It won't make you look like a "caveman" at all to elect not to treat your crow's feet. Did you have Botox done around your mouth, or fillers? Even around the chin and mouth, Botox shouldn't cause swelling. Fillers would.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Many people opt to receive treatment to only the forehead and glabella without the

+1

crow's feet...perfectly okay...won't look odd...actually depending on the depth of your crow's feet, that may be a perfectly sensible choice...don't quite understand the second part...botox shouldn't make you swollen...did you have a filler injected too?  swelling isn't uncommon with fillers...usually lasts a day or two...hope all is well...

Ken Landow, MD