Would Botox Help Indented Scar in Between Eyebrows?

Its a straight line but has a dent Many thanks

Correcting scars with Botox

+3

Hi Carly,

I would use combination of Botox to de-activate the muscles in that area and filler to improve the contour.

I have used this successfully in a number of patients. You should have a geat improvement with this combiniation.

Hope this was helpful.

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) for scars

+1

If the scar is made worse by muscle contraction, Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) may help ease or soften the appearance of the scar, but are not likely to erase it completely. This may require a combination of scar revision and/or fillers.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

Botox For Helping in Treating Scars

+1

Botox and Dysport do not directly treat scars. They are used to treat the dynamic wrinkles and furrows that result from the movement of the muscles of facial expression. These substances are called neuromodulators, i.e. chemicals that interfere with nerve impulse transmission to muscles. As such, they do not directly impact on the fibrotic collagen or its formation within scar tissue. However, recent evidence suggests that if these chemicals are injected in around a scar, especially a developing scar,  they may reduce muscle activity around the scar sufficiently to allow a the scar to heal in a more esthetic fashion.

For this reason, I routinely inject scars located in and around the facial expression muscles with Botox or Dysport as an initial phase of their treatment. Then depending upon the type of scar and precise location, I follow with either the use of fillers, dermaspacing, medical microneedling, mesotherapy, or scarabrasion.

In this case of an indented linear scar across the top of the bridge of the nose, I would likely supplement the Botox injections with one or two dermaspacing treatments spaced at six week intervals to free up the bound down fibrotic scar tissue and then follow with the placement of a superficial filler, such as Restylane L or Juvederm Ultra XC.

Web reference: http://www.youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Botox for indented scar in between eyebrows at nasal root

+1

The Botox would only help prevent the scar from getting progressively worse from the repeated muscle movement (such as wrinkling your nose) which would make the scar wore with time.  But to get improvement or correction of the scar you would also have to use a filler (ie: Restylane or Juvederm) to help fill in or plump up the depression.  You have to be careful not to overcorrect or it could make your nose look too "fat".  As you age, this scar will also look worse from normal sagging (called ptosis) of the forehead and brow which will further accentuate this scar.  Restylane and Juvederm are temporary fillers which will have to be done every several months.  Botox is also temporary and will have to be done every 4-6 months.  There are permanent fillers such as Artefill that you may want to look into.  Artefill is the only permanent filler that is FDA approved in the U.S.  Silicone is also permanent but there is a lot of controversy over its safety (I personally would not do silicone).

Web reference: http://www.eastbaylaser.com/

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Frown lines - does botox help?

+1

the deep lines between our brows are what we term dynamic lines and do respond to botox or dysport. If they are present without animation, then a dermal filler may also be required to significantly change their appearance.

Scara and botox

+1

If  this is s dermal depression form animation , then perhaps Botox can soften it a bit. If this is an actual scar from an accident, I doubt that Botox will help at all.

Botox and fillers for scars

+1

For small indented scars between the eyebrows I would most likely use a combination of Botox to immobilize the area so muscle contraction does not further deepen the scar and a small amount of Restylane or Juvederm to help fill it in.  Often times this combo can be quite successful to minimize the appearance of atrophic (indented) scars.  Alternatively some lasers may be used to help stimulate collagen to fill in the scar more permanently.  It depends on the size and type of scar as to which method would be preferable.  Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Botox for scars

+1

when the scar is mature, Botox is not expected to improve the appearance. If the scar is new, then Botox may relax the surrounding musculature and decrease the pulling of the skin as a sutured wound is healing and may help improve the ultimate appearance of the scar.

Botox help indented scar in between eyebrows

+1

I doubt it will but I would try it with a filler in combination to get the better result. Just my thoughts.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Botox and indented scar on nasal root

+1

It looks like the depressed scar you are concerned about falls in the crease / wrinkle that can be caused by the contraction of one of the facial muscles at the top of the nose. This should be evident when you are asked to frown during your consultation visit. If this is the case, Botox injection to relax that muscle ( the procerus) should help reduce the depth of indentation of the scar.

You will likely still need a filler, like Juvederm or Radiesse, to most effectively smooth out the depressed scar. 

Good Luck,

Dr B

Seattle General Surgeon