Increase Botox for Better Result?

I've been having Botox injections around my eyes and a little in my forehead for several years. Generally, I find the results to be unimpressive. Does having a larger quantity of Botox in one session make a difference to the results? If you have more injections,say twice or three times as many in the trouble areas, will it give better results? Due to having injections in my central brow area is it possible that this has caused a lot of new lines?

More not always better when it comes to BOTOX

+2

The problem you are describing can be related to a number of factors and variables- so the answer also depends-- on your muscle, on how deep the wrinkles are, on your skin type and the amount of spacing of the Botox used. The best thing to do is discuss your result with your plastic surgeon about 2 weeks after the treatment, so that the doctor can determine if there is any residual muscle activity-- indicating more BOTOX would be helpful-- or if the wrinkles are the static variety, in which case other treamtents are indicated like filler or resurfacing.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

More Botox may be better

+2

The amount of Botox needed to relax an area is based on the amount of muscle in that area. As a result, people require different amounts of Botox to get a good result. For example, we routinely treat the glabella with 25 units for women (men often require more Botox than women in this area due to having more muscle) but I have quite a few women patients that require 40 units. You might want to ask your physician how many units you are currently receiving and ask if a larger dose would be recommended.

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon