I Am Considering Botox in my Forehead. I Have Sarcoidosis. Will This Be a Problem?

Botox & Sarcoidosis

+1

As long as your condition is stable, you should be able to undergo Botox injections for cosmetic purposes with no problems. It's a great idea to consult with your physician before hand.

Botox and side effects

+1

There is no literature suggesting that cosmetic Botox wouldn't be indicated because you have sarcoidosis. For a full list of side effects and contraindications of Botox, please follow the link below.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox in the forehead

+1

There is no known issue with sarcoid and botulinum toxin. Therefore, your potential for side effects is the same as anyone else who receives botulinum toxin. I would certainly have a board certified physician provide your treatment.

While botulinum toxin is fine, I would hesitate to receive fillers in the future. They have a known risk (while small) of causing inflammatory reactions that mimic sarcoid.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Sarcoidosis

+1

There are no issues reported with getting Botox injections if you have Sarcoidosis. I have injected many people with this. I would recommend you make sure to seek a qualified physician injector.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

No contraindication

+1

to having Botox treatment with Sarcoidosis. Make sure you see a qualified DOCTOR to discuss this before considering treatment. Dentists, Nurses and beauticians do not have the depth of training to give you an informed choice. Good luck!

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in Forehead

+1

Thanks for your question.

There are no contraindications to receiving botox injections into the forehead in individuals with sarcoidosis.  Botox works extremely well in the forehead when placed appropriately and I am sure you will be happy with the result. 
Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Patients with sarcoidosis can get botox without any problems.

+1

Botox/dysport are fine for patients with sarcoidosis and do great just like any other patient. Don't worry and go enjoy being wrinkle free. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Sarcoidosis

+1

Patients with sarcoidosis may have Botox administered in their forehead.  Collagen vascular disease is not a contraindication to Botox use.  If you do decide to have Botox injections I would highly recommend that you go to a board certified specialist in your community.  Good luck.

Mark Schwartz, MD

Botox with Sarcoidosis is perfectly fine

+1

There is absolutely no problem to have Botox injections with sarcoidosis. There will be side effects, no decreased effect, and no flair of the disease. Go ahead and proceed. I've injected many people with the disease 

Steven F. Weiner, MD