Just Got Botox in Jawline and Forehead a Week Ago but my Forehead Looks the Same?

My jaw looks smaller already, I'm aware it will take time to see the full result for it but I feel like my forehead erinkled arnt better... I was told in a week I'd see results. Also I can move my eyebrows which I don't want. I want my forehead super smooth and wrinkle free. What should I do should I get more Botox injected in my forehead?

Forehead botox can be too smooth

+1

First, it is important to be patient and wait for at least two weeks for the Botox to obtain peak effect before you add what might be too much Botox.

Secondly, depending on the amount of sagging that your forehead has already done because of your age (not the prior botox), it is possible that if you iron out all the forehead wrinkles, your forehead muscle will be so relaxed that the forehead will droop significantly bringing down with it, the upper eyelids and eyebrows.This might trouble you more than dealing with some existing lines on the forehead.

Botox and forehead lines

+1

Wait for ten days to see the full effect of your Botox treatment.  If you still have too much forehead movement, return to your physician for assessment and possibly more Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Dissatsfied after Botox injections

+1

if you desire a frozen look on the forehead, its best to go back to your doctor and perhaps discuss this in issue in detail. its possible all u might need is more Botox.

Misbah Khan, MD

Botox for the Forehead

+1

Dear Anemoneg,

Botox is a simple and effective treatment to smooth the horizontal lines across the forehead.

When treating the forehead and glabella, a detailed understanding and assessment of forehead and eyebrow anatomy is essential for best results. For most patients, we seek to achieve a smooth, relaxed, and natural look that is soft but allows some facial movement and expression. The injection should be tailed to your specific needs and condition, which is why seeing an experienced and qualified injector (ie. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, or Cosmetic Dermatologist) is important.

If you prefer a more "frozen" look that does not allow eyebrow movement, additional Botox may need to be injected.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

What To Do About a Less Than Perfect Botox Result

+1

When injecting someone for the first time, it is often difficult to get the exact result that the patient wants. Everyone's anatomy (where the muscles are, how strong they are, how much Botox you need to get the desired effect) is a bit different. The great thing about Botox (as well as Dysport and Xeomin) however, is that if the result in 7-10 days is not just what you want, we can "fine tune" the result very easily. Sometimes it is done by injecting a bit more into the same areas as before. Sometimes it is done by injecting some Botox into a slightly different area.It is definitely an artistic endeavor, and some injectors are more artistic than others. Follow up with your injector and let them know your concerns. If you don't like the answer you get, make an appointment with another, well respected, busy injector in your area for a second opinion. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still have movement in forehead after Botox

+1

I do my injection technique so that the forehead is smoothed and free of lines, but patients can still move their eyebrows. Otherwise you get a very plasticy looking result, rather than something that looks natural. If you don't like the result (I tell patients to wait 10 days for full effects to take place in all muscles), then you may need a bit more added. But wait the full 10 days before deciding. And then if you need more, visit your injector for an evaluation.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD