Botox In Crows Feet Looks Weird and Causes More Crinkles?

I was apprehensive about getting botox but looking forward to getting rid of the wrinkles around my eyes which are so bad. Im a 30 yr old male. The sides of my eyes look hollow and dented like the area that wrinkled has been flattened and now goes inward. The wrinkles i wanted rid of were under my eye. These seem worse now and overal it just LOOKS like i have had botox injections and where my eyes should wrinkle, a ring around the eye appears stopping them. What should i do?

When Botox causes a problem or not the effect you want for wrinkles

+1

Your doctor should be happy to evaluate your condition and explain what can be done to help improve your result. Sometimes the Botox injections can be done on a wider area beyond the crow's feet. Lower eyelid wrinkles are often not treated well with Botox because the doctor can't inject too much without creating a complication of eyelid function. The lower eyelid has to rest against the eye for tears to keep the eye moist but too much Botox would relax the lower eyelid and it could droop. The other botox complication with lower eyelid injections is that those people who have some fluid retention or puffiness can see that their puffiness worsens when the muscle is relaxed with Botox because the eyelid's pump action is not as efficient while the Botox is effective. Lower eyelid wrinkles that are caused by sundamage and are present at rest might have to be treated by laser resurfacing such as Fraxel, or Portrait Plasma, or chemical peels, or skin removal with blepharoplasty surgery  Unfortunately, some eyelid wrinkles are related to muscle movement and those wouldn't respond as well to these previously-mentioned treatments.

Botox for under eye wrinkles

+1

Yes, sounds like your crows feet are gone, but you still have under eye wrinkles.  A small dose of botox can make many under eye wrinkles go away.  I would speak to your doctor and show them what happened and see if your under eye wrinkles are amenable to botox treatment.  If those wrinkles are just from your cheek lifting up then botox doesn't work, but if the wrinkles are from the muscle "scrunching" up, then botox can help.  Yes, sometimes getting rid of crows feet can accentuate under eye wrinkles.  You need an experienced practioner to help you. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Botox in crow's feet

+1

Botox inthe crow's feet do exactly what you said. It does not have any impact on the under eye wrinkles.  It will take 4 months to wear off.

Botulinum Toxin around the eyes

+1

Botox around the eyes can indeed be tricky.  Botox works very well in the "crow's feet" region but has to be used carefully to avoid accentuating lines under the eyes.  Dysport can be a better option in some cases of crow's feet wrinkles.  Dosing is also an important factor.  While this is an area that takes a greater degree of skill and expertise to get best results, an expert injector should be able to help you.  In some situations laser resurfacing can be helpful for wrinkles and and around the eyes as well. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon