Botox in brow caused my forehead to go into spasms. Was this a type of allergy?

I got Botox once in my deep lines between my eyes and my forehead ept having like a muscle spasm. It lasted for months. Then my doctor said it was an allergy and didn't want to do it again. Should I try again because it did give nice results for the deep lines. But the spasms made my eyes water!

+1
Muscle spasms after Botox indicate that more Botox should be injected into the muscles that have rebounded.

Spasms with botox

+1
The spasms your describe are not typical with botox treatments. In fact, botox is a great treatment for muscle spasms and is actually what botox was first used for(eye muscle spasms).

It is unlikely that it was due to an allergy to the botox.

That said, you may want to try another neuromodulator, such as dysport and see how you react.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon