Botox is Not Helping my Blepharospasm?

I have been diagnosed with Blepharospasm Dystonia. I had botox injections in September which we not helpfull, the spasms continued and my toplip was affected. I had ten injections in December when I had my next appointment. There is no improvement, actually its worse, I have severe double vision, top lip affected again and as well as spasms my eyes get sore which didn't happen before. The first couple off days after the injections there was a hugh improvement but not for long

Botox for Blepharospasm Ineffective?

+2

If the diagnosis of blepharospasm is correct, Botox can be very effective when administered appropriately, but it may not work in every case.  Sometimes surgery may be contemplated.

Botox and Blepharospasm

+2

While Botox can be an effective treatment for some people with Blepharospasms, it is not always the best option. You should follow-up with your treating physician at this point to discuss the situation and other possible options.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox and blepharospasm

+2

It sounds like you need to follow up with your provider. You are either being under treated or need to get to the root of your issue and consider other options.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for blepharospasm

+1

Make certain that you are seeing the correct specialist.  You should consult an oculoplastic surgeon for assessment and possible treatment options.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist