Will Botox Help with This? (photo)

Hello, I am a 23 year old male and I have started to develop some small bumps just over my eyebrows. Over the past few months I find that I am getting more and more of an angry look. Judging from these pictures will botox make my forehead smooth again? Or are my muscles too strong? thank you,

Botox for "angry" look

+1
It does appear that Botox would help you get rid of those bumps and give you a less of an angry appearance.

Botox and forehead and brow lines

+1

The bumps in your photo are formed by the corrugator muscles, which pull your brows together and give you a concerned, focused or angry look.  Botox, targeted at these muscles, will be very effective in flattening out the bumps. It will last 3-6 months.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox to treat an "angry" look

+1

Yes, Botox would be an appropriate treatment for what you descibe and what appears in the picture.  What you see are hypertrophic corrugator muscles.  When Botox is placed in the right locations, these muscles relax and you appear more relaxed.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Maybe Not Botox

+1

From this picture, it's difficult to recommend a treatment that may work for you. I am not sure that Botox is what you'll need. I'd recommend visiting a skincare expert to determine the best course of action. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox/Dyport Help Get Rid of That "Angry Look"

+1

Hi Ins,

Yes, a few strategically placed injection of neuro-modulator (Botox or Dysport) will eliminate the "angry" furrows above your eyebrows.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Will Botox Help with This?

+1

Yes. Those bumps result from the bulk of the corrugator muscle. These two muscles are commonly treated with Botox and should soften that appearance and minimize any associated frown lines. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox works for Forehead Wrinkles

+1

Hi, Inspiron, 

the muscles which cause the angry look you describe are named corrugators. In your photo, your corrugator muscles are more apparent than you would like.  Botox or Dysport or Xeomin will relax them so they are less prominent and less likely to produce an angry look.

The procedure is straightforward. Most people receiving one of these treatments start noticing the improvement in 3-4 days. It  can take up to two weeks to see the full effect.Usually the beneficial effect lasts for 3-4 months before you find yourself wondering about getting a touch-up. Some people find that after consistent treatment, e.g. every 3-4 months for 1-2 years, they need less because the muscle shrinks a bit.

Lawrence Matt, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for forehead

+1

Yes, botox injections will help with your corrugator muscle "bumps".  These muscles can hypertrophy and lead to an angry look with activation, as well as the bumps you are describing.  You may need a few treatments over months to a year to see the muscles atrophy or go down.  Typically, botox lasts 3-4 months and requires maintenance injections at this interval.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

Will Botox Help with This?

+1

Yes Botox will definitely help. Those bumps between your eyebrows are the corrugator muscles which can be very prominent in males. The corrugator muscles function to pull the middle of the brow down which can create an angry appearance. Injection of Botox into those muscles prevents them from contracting so that they are less prominent and the brow stays in a more “pleasant” position. In my practice, I perform Botox injections into the corrugator muscles very frequently. This procedure is associated with a very high degree of patient satisfaction. The effect is temporary and will last between four and six months if the injection is performed properly by a board-certified doctor.

Randy B. Miller, MD

Botox and Bumps

+1

The small bumps appear be acne and will resolve with topical Retin A cream or a topical antibiotic. The procerus and Corrugator muscles between you eyebrows will respond well to Botox or Dysport. It will take a few cycles of Botox or Dysport to atrophy the muscle and decrease their thickness.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist