Will botox help with these lines? (photo)

Everytime I go outside in the sun, my forehead wrinkles together. It bothers me so much! If I get Botox will it make it go away? 

Botox For Forehead

+2

Yes, these lines are being caused my muscle in your glabellar complex, which is where neuromodulators, such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin, are FDA-approved to treat. After injection, your peak affect will be at 2 weeks, and can last for 3-4 months.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and forehead wrinkles

+2

Hi Nicole,

• Your picture shows vertical frown lines above and between your eyebrows. BotoxCosmetic will inactivate the frown muscles and eliminate or soften these lines. You will very likely be pleased with the results.
  • The Botox effect will last 3-4 months. So, repeated injections are necessary to maintain the improvement and minimize the deepening of these wrinkles over time.
  • Note: Forehead wrinkles (not evident in your picture) are horizontal lines between the eyebrows and hairline. Botox in the forehead will soften these kind of lines also, but the eyebrows may droop. So in your case, I wouldn't recommend Botox in the actual forehead area.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Reducing forehead lines with Botox

+2

The forehead lines that you show in your picture respond beautifully to neurotoxins such as Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport. The cost is variable, and the duration of effect approximately 4 months. In trained and experienced hands (e.g. dermatologist), the treatments are incredibly safe and effective. Don't forget your hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to minimize squinting and these lines.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox excels at treatment of glabellar '11' lines

+1

Botox Cosmetic's original FDA approval was for the treatment of vertical glabellar lines - the so-called '11' lines. Treatment should last 4-5 months and can be repeated with reliable results.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Botox for lines on the forehead

+1

Botox works fantastic for the area between the brow, also known as the glabella. The Botox lasts for three months on average, so additional treatments will be necessary to maintain the desired effect. I would recommend visiting a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They will be able to assess your needs in person, and I think you will be very happy with the end result! I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox for Forehead and Eyebrow Wrinkles

+1

Botox will work beautifully to smooth out the wrinkles between your eyebrows. My patients refer to them as the "11 lines" because they look like the number 11. Botox can also be used to soften your forehead wrinkles and crow's feet (the lines around your eyes). Botox will primarily correct the lines caused when you contract your muscles (dynamic wrinkles). If the lines are present at rest, you may require a combination of botox and dermal fillers to achieve the best result. After repeated treatments, you will require less botox to achieve optimum results. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment option for you. 

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

FDA approval for Botox

+1

Yes, it will help eliminate those lines.  Those lines are in an area referred to as the glabella, and are a result of the action of a muscle called the corrugator supercilii when you frown. This is the area that Botox initially gained FDA approval for cosmetic use.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Will Botox help with these lines?

+1

Thank you for your question. Botox will provide a nice solution for the lines that you are bothered by. Botox works quite well on the transverse creases of the forehead and the frown lines of the glabella. By relaxing the muscles responsible for these lines, the creases fade away and you will no longer squint while in the sun.

Good luck with your Botox.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead wrinkles

+1

Botox works great for forehead wrinkles. The frown wrinkles between the eyebrows respond very well to botox as do the horizontal forehead lines and "crow's feet" around the lateral eyes. Botox usually lasts 3-4 months so you repeat it to maintain it. As you continue to do repeat botox treatments, you will find that the treatments develop some permanence. The wrinkles become even less deep after repeat treatments when it wears off.

Michael Horn, MD

Botox is great for the glabellar and forehead lines

+1

Botox would certainly help to smooth out the lines between your eyebrows (glabella) and the lines in your forehead.  Please keep in mind that it works mainly on dynamic lines.  If you have any lines that are etched in at rest, you would also need injections with a dermal filler to address these in combination with Botox.

Ritu Saini, MD